Contribute
Register

Immediate crash/reboot after "acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5" on x79 Asrock with 10.13 installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link just points to main MB page, please just write the version.

Well, no luck with the newest 10.13.3 installer as well, the same problem persists. Really, nobody else is using an Asrock x79 board except for us?

Well, no luck with the newest 10.13.3 installer as well, the same problem persists. Really, nobody else is using an Asrock x79 board except for us?

I have your exact board with the same problem and I have lost days of my life trying to get it working to no avail. Might be time to accept that Sierra is the final OS version for this board and put it to bed. I mean, this board is 5 years old and has served me well from Yosemite onward. Since Sierra is the minimum requirement for Logic Pro X 10.4, I'm personally happy enough with how stable it really is considering my needs are set in audio recording. I think that even if the upgradability ends here, I'm still excited to be able to use it in my basement studio and get my recordings down with the latest version of Logic and I'm still impressed with how well it all works.

ASrock x79 extrem4-m works with high sierra.
You have to use 10.13 good config.plist and efi folder for the unibeast key to launch installer.
One minute before 4 minute install, it will reboot point to your new drive to finish 15 minutes installer.
Old efi folder from sierra or el capitan does not work oob. Need the dsdt.aml from link above.
Search google for x79 10.13 good config

Last edited:
Well, it seems all good things come to those who wait. I just booted up the MacOS Mojave public beta installer, and installing it now as we speak. I used the same exact kexts / SSDTs / config as with my old Sierra installation. OsxAptioFix was required, although I had it with Sierra as well. I guess there's still life left in these Assrock boards after all!

2 things need to be fixed at the moment speaking :
-wake does not work
-performance in fcpx 10.4

The Asrock x79 boards are still alive and kicking. Decided after a long hiatus to finally upgrade and migrate from 10.12 to 10.14 and it worked beautifully. The only problem with these boards is not being able to UEFI boot from a hard drive, so I decided to sacrifice an old usb stick and install Clover + kexts to it and put it as primary boot device in the BIOS. Download the latest AppleALC + Lilu kexts for audio, GenericUSBXHCI for USB3 and try the new HWSensors3 fork for monitoring.

but witch model ? because there are differents aboout extrem 4, 6 .... and not all working good or bad in the same mode....
with extreme 4 , sierra high no possible to install , sierra 10.2 work great... , mojave work also great , but with AMD/ATI card , problem is bios UEFI , for work with a RX 4.xx 5.xx example you MUST disable CSM bios options or you have black screens.... ofcourse no problem if you have only one boot (osx) but if you have a double boot, windows too, you need CSM bios ENABLED or you can't start windows boot !
alternative is format and install WINDOWS in UEFI mode...(not easy)...

@Jultsu x Mojave.....GenericUSBXHCI work fine with your USB3 and no troubles wit recognized (2.0 too) ? and HWSensor 3 work fine for monitoring ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back