Contribute
Register

iMacPro AsRock X299 e + i9 9940x = MiniMonsterBuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to get iMessage working but it's telling me to contact Apple.
Have a look at Section D.1) iMac Pro EFI-Folder Preparation in the guide from kgp.
In there he links to An iDiot's Guide To iMessage which can help if you can't get ti to work with the steps outlined by kpg.

Basically you need to fill out the Serial Number, Board Serial Number and SMUUID in Clover Configurator making sure to use a serial valid and not in use already by a existing mac. Also you need at least one working Ethernet connection which is defined as BuiltIn and en0. It does not need to be connected by cable - it just needs to be there as far as i remember.

Have a look at Section D.1) iMac Pro EFI-Folder Preparation in the guide from kgp.
In there he links to An iDiot's Guide To iMessage which can help if you can't get ti to work with the steps outlined by kpg.

Basically you need to fill out the Serial Number, Board Serial Number and SMUUID in Clover Configurator making sure to use a serial valid and not in use already by a existing mac. Also you need at least one working Ethernet connection which is defined as BuiltIn and en0. It does not need to be connected by cable - it just needs to be there as far as i remember.
I followed the guide and could not get it to work. Do you have sleep working?

Do you have sleep working?
No, i don't think that sleep is working reliable. At times the system wakes up without an apparent reason.
But that was never on the top of my list. Usually i power down my system if not needed any more.

Last edited:
Maybe "TSCAdjustReset.kext" is not set correct for your CPU?
This has to be adopted for the core-count of the CPU.
What CPU do you use?

Please have a look in this thread how to adjust it. Section C.7.a:

That MacOS does not show the CPU type correctly should be no problem.

Your kraken on the internal USB should make no difference.
I checked my USB3.1 Type-A and Type-c ports with USB3 devices and they were both connected with USB3 speeds (5GBit/s).
Do you also put "SSDT-X299-XHC_edit.aml" and "SSDT-X299-XHCI_edit.aml" from my EFI-Folder in the patched folder?

But maybe one DSDT-Rename in Clover Configurators ACPI section is also important.
There i have a rename "SLOC -> XHCI" with the values of 534C3043 for "Find* [HEX]" and 58484349 for "Replace [HEX]".
Please see my config.plist in my EFI-Folder.

But i haven't checked if this is still needed for a while so i need to do so in a couple of minutes.
[EDIT] Checked and it should make no difference.
My two 3.1 ports still work with high speed without the rename in config.plist.

Thanks for your feedback I do have your "SSDT-X299-XHC_edit.aml" and "SSDT-X299-XHCI_edit.aml" from your EFI-Folder in the patched folder - so I don't understand where the issue can come from will keep digging

If you open it with a tool like MaciASL you could replace the PowerPlaytable with the output of VegaTab.
This is described in @kgp thread in section E.9.2.2) - GFX0, HDAU - GPU and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation:

Basically you generate a PowerPlaytable in VGTab ans then replace the table inside the "SSDT-X299-Vega_edit_perf.aml" with these new values.
It is not a simple task if one is not used to something like this but it is worth learning. :)

Thread about VGTab: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-in-macos-without-flashing-the-vbios.268965/
Cool I will do that - thanks again for your help !

Hi @HackJack how are you dear french fellow?

I have seen your youtube videos with great interest and this thread.

May I kindly ask if you could share your EFI folder and config file here for those of us interested to take the plunge? (changing your generated serial ofc)

I think it would be tremendously beneficial for the community.

You build with it's smaller form factor is also far cheaper than this one: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255082/

Thank you in advance.

Ok, here you go. :)

Hopefully this one works for you too.

My EFI folder is bases largely on @kgp work in his corresponding threads. It is only adapted to the ASRock itx board and my specific system. I am by no means skilled enough to sort out difficult problems. ;)
So please check out @kgp threads to dig deeper. Highly recommended!

A few things to keep in mind about my EFI folder:
  • it is used for 10.14.x - so i am not sure if it will work with 10.13.x (it's been long since i used it for 10.13.x)
  • i removed the Serial Number in SMBIOS section in clover - so please fill them in with values to get working iMessage and such
  • i adjusted the TSCAdjustReset.kext in kexts/others to your 7980XE 18 core CPU so this should be good to go. This one is really crucial in getting the system to work!
  • as you are not using an original apple airport card, you should remove the "SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml" under CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I assume you would otherwise run in to problems.
  • the "SSDT-X299-Vega_edit_perf.aml" in CLOVER/ACPI/patched contains a PowerPlay table for my Vega 56 with custom Noctua fans. It should work with your Vega 64 for testing but the table should be replaced by proper values for your card to use its full performance. Also the GPU is named inside this .aml file so you might change that as well after you get your system working. It is only of cosmetic nature but it clearly looks wrong if it says Vega 56 instead of 64 in your case. ;) If unsure, just remove it for testing.
I also uploaded screenshots of my BIOS settings.
Make sure that "CFG Lock" under "Advanced/CPU Configuration" is disabled.

Hello,
I am trying to make an hackintosh on the same MB with 7920X and vega 64 but i got a problem.
With an M.2 to USB 3.0 adapter a made a clean Mojave installation on my iMac, after it, i configure and adapt your clover to my CPU etc. But I have a strange problem : when i plug the M.2 on the MB the hackintosh don't want to boot, but if the M.2 is in the adapter and so plug in USB 3.0 no problem to boot, everything run perfectly...
I attach you verbose and my EFI...

If you can help me, It will be great :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 80
  • KP.png
    KP.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
when i plug the M.2 on the MB the hackintosh don't want to boot, but if the M.2 is in the adapter and so plug in USB 3.0 no problem to boot, everything run perfectly...
I will try to give at least some ideas.
First, i have never attempted to install the system using another (real) Mac and then put it in the hackintosh, so i have no idea if this has issues or creates challenges.
But as you are able to boot your hackintosh with this system volume via USB it somehow works.

1. if installed on the motherboard is it the only drive? Are there other drives that might have an EFI folder on it? If so, then please unplug them for testing
  2. which m.2 slot are you using? I have so far used the one on the riser card (M2_1) and the lower one on the backside (M2_3) for booting and they worked with the same drive
  3. is your drive encrypted? Mine is not, so i am not sure about possible issues if so. (I have to try that at some time in the future)
  4. are you selecting the right volume to boot from in the clover boot screen?
  5. maybe try removing both "SSDT-X299-ANS_1.aml" & "SSDT-X299-ANS_2.aml" from EFI/CLOVER/PATCHED as these are related with the m.2 slots

I will try to give at least some ideas.
First, i have never attempted to install the system using another (real) Mac and then put it in the hackintosh, so i have no idea if this has issues or creates challenges.
But as you are able to boot your hackintosh with this system volume via USB it somehow works.

1. if installed on the motherboard is it the only drive? Are there other drives that might have an EFI folder on it? If so, then please unplug them for testing
  2. which m.2 slot are you using? I have so far used the one on the riser card (M2_1) and the lower one on the backside (M2_3) for booting and they worked with the same drive
  3. is your drive encrypted? Mine is not, so i am not sure about possible issues if so. (I have to try that at some time in the future)
  4. are you selecting the right volume to boot from in the clover boot screen?
  5. maybe try removing both "SSDT-X299-ANS_1.aml" & "SSDT-X299-ANS_2.aml" from EFI/CLOVER/PATCHED as these are related with the m.2 slots

1. No there is only my M.2 drive.
  2. I have tested both, no difference.
  3. Drive not encrypted, if it was i can boot it same in USB.
  4. I am using the good and only one volume to boot, Preboot and Recovery are hidden.
  5. I will try to remove them.

For BIOS updated to last version, I am using this :
1Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
3Advanced \ Storage Configuration → Sata Mode Selection: AHCI
5Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
6Advanced \ USB Configuration → PS/2 Simulator : Disabled
7Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
8Security \ Secure Boot → Secure Boot: Disabled
9Boot → Fast Boot: Disabled
10Boot → Boot From Onboard LAN: Disabled
11 CFG Lock -> Disable

Also I have read that my SSD seems to be the problem :

I fact, I never have had problem with 970 EVO or PRO with hackintosh, but the EVO PLUS seems to be problematic. I will try soon with a PRO and tell you.

Also with your EFI is sleep working good or do I need darkwake=0 etc ?

Thank you.

Also I have read that my SSD seems to be the problem :

I fact, I never have had problem with 970 EVO or PRO with hackintosh, but the EVO PLUS seems to be problematic. I will try soon with a PRO and tell you.
Good find! I wouldn't have thought about a hardware incompatibility. But this seems possible.
Also with your EFI is sleep working good or do I need darkwake=0 etc ?
I don't think that sleep works really reliable. At least one time when i put my system to sleep for testing, i found it awake after a couple of hours.Maybe a one time thing or not.
Usually i don't use sleep - so it is not high on my list.
But i have occasional sleep problems on my MacBookPro, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back