Contribute
Register

iMacPro AsRock X299 e + i9 9940x = MiniMonsterBuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kubusikan! I will compare your EFI with mine and continue to get it working.
The broadcom related items are for my BCM94352Z wifi card.

This is my optimised EFI with OpenCore 0.6.5.
After some time i really appreciate OpenCore! It is very well documented and logic.
And for me it boots quite a bit faster than clover did on this system.

This EFI is tested on Big Sur 11.1 on ASRock X299E-ITX/ac with i7-7820X, Vega 56 and Apple WiFi card in the WiFi card slot on the board.

Notes:
- Platforminfo is anonymised and has to be filled with your own values
- HideAuxiliary is enabled, so not all partitions show up
- simple Bootpicker with indefinite timeout
- the SMC kexts for temps and stuff are included but disabled
- TSCAdjustReset.kext has to be adjusted to the cores used on your cpu

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 196
Hello Kubusikan,

Thanks a lot for this. Using your latest EFI zip file I am now able to see the installer though nothing much happens after that(before using your EFI.zip I was not able to even get there).

This is my config:
Board : X299E
CPU : 9820x
RAM 3000MHz 64 GB
GPU : 2GB GTX 680(MAC BIOS)
SSD: Crucial 500 GB
WIFI : BCM94352Z

I have updated the TSCAdjustReset.txt with my processort coun and that is all I have done. Any ideas how I could get the Big Sur to install correctly.

Last edited:
This is my config:
GPU : 2GB GTX 680(MAC BIOS)

I have updated the TSCAdjustReset.txt with my processort coun and that is all I have done. Any ideas how I could get the Big Sur to install correctly.
Hi koge19,

i am no expert in helping with such issues. My last install was in 2018 still using clover at the time.
But what might be an issue is your GPU. I use a Vega56 and some parts of my EFI are adjusted for using a Vega56/64 i guess. Maybe look that way?

Can somebody post original ACPI tables (DSDT and SSDT files) from this board on the latest bios, please?
I would share them but how do get/extract these files?

Hi koge19,

i am no expert in helping with such issues. My last install was in 2018 still using clover at the time.
But what might be an issue is your GPU. I use a Vega56 and some parts of my EFI are adjusted for using a Vega56/64 i guess. Maybe look that way?
Thanks a lot kubusikan,

Could you let me know how I could modify the EFI for the GTX 680 for Big Sur.

Thanks,

Easiest way is to create a Clover installation USB and boot from it into the main screen. Press F4 while there. It will dump all ACPI tables into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/original folder.
Ok, thank you for the explantion!
But as my computer is booted in Windows and doing some lengthy stuff i can not interrupt i opted to dump the DSDT under Windows.
Hope it is suitable for you!

DSDT of BIOS Version 2.20 from 2019/11/29
Attachment removed - please see further down

Last edited:
Could you let me know how I could modify the EFI for the GTX 680 for Big Sur.
I am not sure if the configuration of iMacPro system-definition and an old NVidia GPU is even possible?
But BigSur still seems to support this type of GPU in general.

I have no idea how to approach this issue, sorry.

If you get a change to do it from Clover that would be great.
I got a chance and did a "F4 dump" with clover.
What do you want to investigate with the files if i may ask?

Attachments

• ACPI-Tables_ASRock_X299_itx.zip
    73.1 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back