Contribute
Register

iMacPro AsRock X299 e + i9 9940x = MiniMonsterBuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a USB3 flash drive and i think i used the USB 3.1 port.
It keeps on getting stuck at NCT677xSensors: started

Edit: nevermind I went over my bios settings again and realized that I had XHCI Hand off disabled. It's installing now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_132321~01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_132321~01.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I say almost because now all my usb 3.0 and my USB c 3.1 work fine but my usb 3.1 type A work as USB 2.
I think the fact that my kraken liquid cooler is pluged to one USB 2 port on the mob may be the reason of this difference compared to yours Hack ?
Your kraken on the internal USB should make no difference.
I checked my USB3.1 Type-A and Type-c ports with USB3 devices and they were both connected with USB3 speeds (5GBit/s).
Do you also put "SSDT-X299-XHC_edit.aml" and "SSDT-X299-XHCI_edit.aml" from my EFI-Folder in the patched folder?

But maybe one DSDT-Rename in Clover Configurators ACPI section is also important.
There i have a rename "SLOC -> XHCI" with the values of 534C3043 for "Find* [HEX]" and 58484349 for "Replace [HEX]".
Please see my config.plist in my EFI-Folder.

But i haven't checked if this is still needed for a while so i need to do so in a couple of minutes.
[EDIT] Checked and it should make no difference.
My two 3.1 ports still work with high speed without the rename in config.plist.
I also did add the SSDT-X299-Vega_edit_perf.aml but since I have a vega 64 I was wondering how I can edit it ? how to Replaced the power table by proper values ?
If you open it with a tool like MaciASL you could replace the PowerPlaytable with the output of VegaTab.
This is described in @kgp thread in section E.9.2.2) - GFX0, HDAU - GPU and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation:

Basically you generate a PowerPlaytable in VGTab ans then replace the table inside the "SSDT-X299-Vega_edit_perf.aml" with these new values.
It is not a simple task if one is not used to something like this but it is worth learning. :)

Thread about VGTab: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-in-macos-without-flashing-the-vbios.268965/

Last edited:
It keeps on getting stuck at NCT677xSensors: started
Not sure about that.
Do you use all and only the kexts of my EFI?
Especially FakeSMC.kext, ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext & LPCSensors.kext?
Maybe try to remove all of the ones mentioned but leave FakeSMC.kext in and give it another try.

Thank you very much for your help ! Indeed your USB3 kext worked almost well ! I say almost because now all my usb 3.0 and my USB c 3.1 work fine but my usb 3.1 type A work as USB 2.
I think the fact that my kraken liquid cooler is pluged to one USB 2 port on the mob may be the reason of this difference compared to yours Hack ?

I also did add the SSDT-X299-Vega_edit_perf.aml but since I have a vega 64 I was wondering how I can edit it ? how to Replaced the power table by proper values ?

You can make your own SSDT-X299-Vega
1/ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...thout-flashing-the-vbios.268965/#post-1885298
2/ Save the txt PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable with with your settings
3/ by coping the txt first in MS Word and after in Excel you should edit the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable of original SSDT-X299-Vega with MaciASL : the process is a bit long, you have to edit it line by line.

Last edited:
You can make your own SSDT-X299-Vega
1/ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...thout-flashing-the-vbios.268965/#post-1885298
2/ Save the txt PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable with with your settings
3/ by coping the txt first in MS Word and after in Excel you should edit the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable of original SSDT-X299-Vega with MaciASL : the process is a bit long, you have to edit it line by line.
Why is that?
I just put the values of the VGTab generated .txt file in the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml.

The first time I began do edit SSDT-X299-Vega.aml I try to do with this way but I 've got errors after compiling the SSDT.

;)

Here my screen shot :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-02-11 à 20.41.18.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 237
Not sure about that.
Do you use all and only the kexts of my EFI?
Especially FakeSMC.kext, ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext & LPCSensors.kext?
Maybe try to remove all of the ones mentioned but leave FakeSMC.kext in and give it another try.
I got it installed by enabling XHCI Handoff which I didn't realize was disabled.
I got my Broadcom wifi working with the AirportBrcmFixup kext and now I'm just trying to get iMessage working but it's telling me to contact Apple.

@aryeh95

Sorry!
I made a mistake and didn't put in the adjusted TSCAdjustReset.kext for your CPU in my EFI-Folder.
Please use the one uploaded to this post for your 7980XE.

Oh, just saw that it installed and is working. Nice!

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back