Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Radeon VII support with new 10.14.4 Public Beta 3

View attachment 388158

Seems that this is now working for many others with the AMDX5000 kext change. I'm on the Apple macOS insiders program, but I still can't update to the beta in the system updater tool – otherwise I would have tested it out.

Seems that this is now working for many others with the AMDX5000 kext change. I'm on the Apple macOS insiders program, but I still can't update to the beta in the system updater tool – otherwise I would have tested it out.

Well I did not try to add once more the device-ID to the kext. Will try it again once I will be at home.

Last edited:
And I don't think, as another user pointed out, it has anything to do with bus speed limitations. If you check my screenshot, it's running on a 4x PCIe lane (Most likely on the PCH), which is more than enough thoroughput for a full 10GbE. I've deployed a few 10GbE NICs on a few friends computers at 4x PCIe lanes and they are reaping the rewards at over 1GB/sec transfer speeds, which is pretty awesome.

Yeah, 4xPCIe lanes shared by everything on the PCH, including the M.2 slot which is using 4 lanes all by itself already. Add the wifi card, USB and what else.

Well I did not try to add once more the device-ID to the kext. Will try it again once I will be at home.

I have an update. I managed to get the latest Mojave beta (14.4 beta 3). There's definitely progress since before. After modifying the kext file, the macOS load screen gets to 100%, the screen changes resolution but then goes black and hangs there. Previously, the macOS load screen would never complete. I have a feeling I have some kext file or setting on Clover that is causing this issue.

Drop your Nvidia to the trash pin and change to RX580, Vega56 or Vega64 (or VII in the future)... ;)

Before doing that, add your system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature in compliance with the board rules.. :p

Thanks for the heads up; I updated my sig:
(iMac Pro Build: Kaby Lake Core i7-7700 (stock air), ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1, MSI 1050 Ti, Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (4x8GB), SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB (2/dual boot), WD Black 6TB (2), EVGA 750 BRONZE, Fractal Design Define S Black Silent ATX )

Reactions: kgp
Not yet
Can you confirm If any one sleep and wake worked with i9 9980XE?
Thank you.

Hello my friend.... I am back..

At first place I need to know which Vega you are exactly using. We need to make all ports of your Vega work properly including display Hotplug, multi-monitor support and sleep/wake. This needs to be done with your firewire and additional USB adapter removed for testing purposes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back