Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I know the solution :)

Just wait until I return on Thuesday and we will rock it together :)
I want a custom SSDT for a reference Vega too!!! Please! Ahahah

I want a custom SSDT for a reference Vega too!!! Please! Ahahah

Just take and adapt the Frontier SSDT from the Github Library which is also valid for reference Vega. All you need to do is adapting ACPI path and ACPI repalcenents if necessary.

Good luck,

KGP

Just take and adapt the Frontier SSDT from the Github Library which is also valid for reference Vega. All you need to do is adapting ACPI path and ACPI repalcenents if necessary.

Good luck,

KGP
Since all my DP and HDMI ports work, multi monitor works, hot plug works, sleep wake works... should I assume your nitro SSDT is fine for reference Vega 64 Liquid? Is there something else I should check?

Since all my DP and HDMI ports work, multi monitor works, hot plug works, sleep wake works... should I assume your nitro SSDT is fine for reference Vega 64 Liquid? Is there something else I should check?

If everything works as currently implemented and expected, whatfor all this discussion?

Just be happy, dude :)

ASUS remove Deluxe II bios 0404 from their website...not sure why....

Maybe they're fixing the microcode issue with some CPUs like the 9820X that people have reported here? (Maybe they have received multiple feedbacks from Windows users as well). But I'm just speculating :)

Other than that, 0404 has been solid for me. But I'm just on the 7900X, not the new Skylake-X CPUs.

@ izo1: Thanks for posting the AQC111 factory firmware at
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sful-build-extended-guide.255082/post-1909271
Some users were successful in re-flashing (& unbricking) their AQC111 firmware:
Quote: "I still don't understand why ASUS would not put a 10GbE port instead on a $500 motherboard. It costs them pennies for these chips".
That's probably inaccurate, since there's a $100 price difference on the 2018 Mac Mini between the base 1Gbit vs. optional 10Gbit LAN port versions being offered by Apple. If the cost to Apple was truly "pennies", then they'd include the 10Gbit version in all Mac Mini 2018 models.
If anyone has access to either the iMacPro or to the 2018 Mac Mini (with the 10Gbit LAN port), please consider making Aquantia factory firmware backups, and posting them somewhere publicly accessible. The "diag" flash tool is included in the 3.1.56 firmware at https://www.station-drivers.com/ind...topic&catid=19&id=156&Itemid=858&lang=en#1185
Thanks.

Did you try force flashing again with the second command?

Regarding the extra price of 10GbE, it's not that much. Last time I read it was something like $19 for the AQC107 chip (2018 prices), which is 10GbE. Apple and big manufacturers like ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock buy these in thousands so most likely costs cheaper to buy in bulk.

Apple ALWAYS charges a ton more for any non stock options, since back in the BTO days. Matter of fact if you look at their RAM and SSD prices, it's still ridiculously overpriced.

Another user brought up a good point about AQC111C inclusion, but I think it has more to do with deployment because afaik, 5GbE can work over old ethernet cables and 10GbE requires complete rewiring to CAT7. Maybe they were worried about market penetration that 10GbE is not ready for mainstream adoption yet. Which is weird because these chipsets can fallback to lower speeds like 5GbE if necessary.

And I don't think, as another user pointed out, it has anything to do with bus speed limitations. If you check my screenshot, it's running on a 4x PCIe lane (Most likely on the PCH), which is more than enough thoroughput for a full 10GbE. I've deployed a few 10GbE NICs on a few friends computers at 4x PCIe lanes and they are reaping the rewards at over 1GB/sec transfer speeds, which is pretty awesome.

Did you try force flashing again with the second command?

Regarding the extra price of 10GbE, it's not that much. Last time I read it was something like $19 for the AQC107 chip (2018 prices), which is 10GbE. Apple and big manufacturers like ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock buy these in thousands so most likely costs cheaper to buy in bulk.

Apple ALWAYS charges a ton more for any non stock options, since back in the BTO days. Matter of fact if you look at their RAM and SSD prices, it's still ridiculously overpriced.

Another user brought up a good point about AQC111C inclusion, but I think it has more to do with deployment because afaik, 5GbE can work over old ethernet cables and 10GbE requires complete rewiring to CAT7. Maybe they were worried about market penetration that 10GbE is not ready for mainstream adoption yet. Which is weird because these chipsets can fallback to lower speeds like 5GbE if necessary.

And I don't think, as another user pointed out, it has anything to do with bus speed limitations. If you check my screenshot, it's running on a 4x PCIe lane (Most likely on the PCH), which is more than enough thoroughput for a full 10GbE. I've deployed a few 10GbE NICs on a few friends computers at 4x PCIe lanes and they are reaping the rewards at over 1GB/sec transfer speeds, which is pretty awesome.

I think 10gbe works over Cat6 and beyond, I don't think it works on 5e or 5. I am using SFP+ optical cables but I do have a BaseT device arriving tomorrow that I will test. I believe that Cat6 works up to like 150m and Cat7 can go up to like 300m or something. This is just my foggy memory, not fact! :D

I think 10gbe works over Cat6 and beyond, I don't think it works on 5e or 5. I am using SFP+ optical cables but I do have a BaseT device arriving tomorrow that I will test. I believe that Cat6 works up to like 150m and Cat7 can go up to like 300m or something. This is just my foggy memory, not fact! :D

Most places are still running Cat5, not even Cat5e so some of these companies are deploying 2.5GbE and under 10GbE

Still no Radeon VII support with new 10.14.4 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back