Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use my latest EFI-Folder, the SL05 -> GFX0 replacement is anyway not part of the config.plist. Nothing to disable in this case. If you use an older version of my EFI-Folder, yes disable it.

I really recommend to use the actual version of my EFI-Folder.

Hey Kgp ill do that I actually updated it but I replaced it with my old config. plist im going to look at it again and bring it upto scratch,

Really appreciate all the help!

This is not the case.. the Vega-SSDT has a "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable", which directly acts on your AMD GPU performance (OC, Fans, etc.).. It can severely harm your GPU if not properly adjusted. Moreover it is important for sleep/wake and also injects other GPU and Display properties.

Well these cards are officially supported by Apple and macOS is a closed system so it should be plug and play, no?

Anyway I haven’t had issues with FE.

Well these cards are officially supported by Apple and macOS is a closed system so it should be plug and play, no?

Anyway I haven’t had issues with FE.

If you think so.. there is not only the FE, there are many different Vegas, which are not identical to each other..

also I don't provide the SSDTs just for fun.. but if you think you do not need any, fine with me..

Anyway, the Vega-SSDT is not cosmetic and as it induces an overclocking of Vegas, it needs to be treated carefully, if one implements this SSDT. I don't know why I thought that you wrote that the SSDTs are purely cosmetic as I would state myself in my guide... maybe I just confused something.. never mind..

If you think so.. there is not only the FE, there are many different Vegas, which are not identical to each other..

also I don't provide the SSDTs just for fun.. but if you think you do not need any, fine with me..

Anyway, the Vega-SSDT is not cosmetic and as it induces an overclocking of Vegas, it needs to be treated carefully, if one implements this SSDT. I don't know why I thought that you wrote that the SSDTs are purely cosmetic as I would state myself in my guide... maybe I just confused something.. never mind..

Forgive the intrusion... I got a Vega 64 liquid on slot 1 of a Prime X299-A and I use @kgp 's Vega.aml SSDT and Whatevergreen.kext - Is your SSDT (provided on Github) compatible with every Vega card on any mobo in slot 1? Or your SSDT is compatible only with Prime X299 Deluxe???

Forgive the intrusion... I got a Vega 64 liquid on slot 1 of a Prime X299-A and I use @kgp 's Vega.aml SSDT and Whatevergreen.kext - Is your SSDT (provided on Github) compatible with every Vega card on any mobo in slot 1? Or your SSDT is compatible only with Prime X299 Deluxe???

For any mobo with the same ACPI table for slot-1.

For any mobo with the same ACPI table for slot-1.

Schermata 2018-11-06 alle 14.15.55.png
Is it any good?

Sure, as you know I implemented it for the other guy who passed you the EFI-Folder that I arranged for him.

Great! Now I only have to wait someone who does the USB kext 15 port (should that replace or join USBInjectAll ???). I read about your discussion with the other guy with X299-A and your doubts about his kexts so I'm waiting you to upload a final version to your Github!

As always... thanks a lot!

If you don't sell your system finally, just take a spare disk and install Mojave on it or clone your 10.13 system disk and upgrade to Mojave on the clone drive. You can even make another bootable clone of your current 10.13 system disk and disconnect it from your rig meanwhile you upgrade to or perform a clean install of Mojave. Absolutely nothing can happen by this. I really don't understand all related drama and fears. Awesome, dude.. ;)

Comic relief more than drama.

Reactions: kgp
Hi @kgp! If i am running High Sierra on the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe with 1080ti and 8-core Xeon E5, do i need to do a completely fresh install, or can i try to clone the disk and upgrade via Appstore and afterwards do some tweaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back