Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
$ log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
2018-10-19 12:49:18.611244+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHCI
2018-10-19 12:49:18.611245+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XHCI
2018-10-19 12:49:29.123475+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-10-19 12:49:37.603021+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-10-19 12:49:40.023079+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)
2018-10-19 12:49:40.337990+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleTopCaseHIDEventDriver) [HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Hope i have attached all necessary.
I also tried to remove ABWB Combo card, H50i USB cable, 10GB card, TB card and one by one *.aml, without success.

Unfortunately, i do not have the necessary knowledge to solve the problem on my own and i have not yet been able to find the right solution in this forum.

Thanks for your patience
MM

Thanks! Give me some time to analyse all this stuff. Right now I am quite busy with other stuff being part of my real life...

Hi everybody !

I have only one issue remaining with my build : every time I'm activating XMP profile in BIOS the following issue occurs - after waking from sleep the system post "error 00 - detect memory" and is unresponsive. If XMP is disabled the computer works great after sleep with no issue . So far I tested with similar results:

-G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz DIMM F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR

-Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3466 (PC4-27700) C16 for Intel 100, Red LED (CMU32GX4M4C3466C16R)
-G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin 3600MHz (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C17D-16GTZR

I tested each memory to different frequency but no luck. Every type of memory works perfect if left at 2133 MHz DDR4.
Any ideas ? Am I not having the right memory ? Thanks

Last edited:
You need more informations and files from me too?

You need more informations and files from me too?

Me? I rather hope that somebody else expert in Final Cut will answer your question.

Oh, so you dont use FCPX? ****, you were my big hope! :/
Bye the way, I never saw such a good tutorial for a Hackintosh. I love it!
One Question, you provide/use an .aml File for Vega. But all is running without too. So is it just for "fixing" the Fan issue or is there any other advantage?

Hi. Almost everything works fine, but sometimes the hole system freezes but mouse cursor still moves. And also, all my hard drives seens a little bit slower than expected, getting very unstable write speeds from my evo970, in blackmagic speed test, ~1300 to ~700, and arround 1800 read speed. A dual sata raid 0 is getting ~160 Mb/s read and write, and usb 3.0 2,5 HD is getting arround 65 write 50 read. Thank you.

Oh, so you dont use FCPX? ****, you were my big hope! :/
Bye the way, I never saw such a good tutorial for a Hackintosh. I love it!
One Question, you provide/use an .aml File for Vega. But all is running without too. So is it just for "fixing" the Fan issue or is there any other advantage?

SSDT-X299-Vega.aml accounts for frame buffer selection, fan speed, clocking and sleep/wake functionality and not all Vegas fully work without it, as there is also some need of employing Whatsevergreen.kext in addition for a proper Vega GPU port implementation.

Hi. Almost everything works fine, but sometimes the hole system freezes but mouse cursor still moves. And also, all my hard drives seens a little bit slower than expected, getting very unstable write speeds from my evo970, in blackmagic speed test, ~1300 to ~700, and arround 1800 read speed. A dual sata raid 0 is getting ~160 Mb/s read and write, and usb 3.0 2,5 HD is getting arround 65 write 50 read. Thank you.

Now, how do you expect me to help you in your issue based on the lack of information you provide above? Please learn to bug report and try to provide the adequate documentation to allow others to help in your issue. I am tired of permanently repeating myself, which information is required to receive support and help along this thread. Please read recent posts and you will see what I refer to.

Cheers,

KGP

Thx for your guide. My System is running fine. But since today i got a problem with FinalCut. I cuted and exported many projects the last days, was so nice. Export to 1080p with GPU Acceleration (Vega 64) was a dream. Nice FPS. But since today, i changed nothing, it seems to be FinalCut is not using GPU for export. Tooks 8-10 Times longer for identical project. All looks fine. All 3D Apps using GPU, VideoProc is using GPU for Encoding too. But FinalCut or Compressor dont want to use it any more. Anyone is knowing the reason or even a fix?

My System:
  • Core I9 7960X
  • 128 GB RAM
  • ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe
  • Gigabyte RX Vega 64

Thanks in advance for any help. I dont know the reason for that, even if i think about that i changed nothing. Hardware is recognized correct etc. Apps and Software is on the latest Version. I did even remove FCPX/Compressor (including all settings) and reinstall. No changes at all. :(

couple of questions;

1) have you tried running geekbench to test the metal benchmark score? (requires full version of geekbench)
(my reason for asking this is to see if somehow the performance of the card has declined with run time)

2) have you tried trashing the prefs? (i dont believe an uninstall will do this)

3) how many monitors?

4) you stated in your last post that you are not using the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml, so the quesition is are you using anything else such as whatevergreen? or is it fully native?

lets start with that and see what we can accomplish.
(while i am apple certified in final cut, it has been a while since ive used it since switching to premiere)

Reactions: kgp
couple of questions;

1) have you tried running geekbench to test the metal benchmark score? (requires full version of geekbench)
(my reason for asking this is to see if somehow the performance of the card has declined with run time)

2) have you tried trashing the prefs? (i dont believe an uninstall will do this)

3) how many monitors?

4) you stated in your last post that you are not using the SSDT-X299-Vega.aml, so the quesition is are you using anything else such as whatevergreen? or is it fully native?

lets start with that and see what we can accomplish.
(while i am apple certified in final cut, it has been a while since ive used it since switching to premiere)

I would further suggest that @TECH_ATTACK also provides screen shots of his BIOS settings, EFI-Folder, IOREG.save, DSDT.aml, as well as a PCI snapshot of Apple's system report, in my opinion absolutely mandatory basics for receiving any help by others. This latter information might also help you in helping him (as you kindly offer) and would also avoid filling the thread with dozens of else likely unnecessary posts and questions.

In general, I do not understand why people expect a fully working system by repeatedly skipping important steps of my guide like the mandatory SSDT implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back