Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another option, to expand USB2 ports?

Yes, but I can not find the right cable.

It does not matter if it's only 5 pins?

It does not matter if it's only 5 pins?

There are 2 cables in the package, right? If you have a device which requires upper and lower pin USB header connection, connect both! o_O

Check if you need a male or female pin connector in your case.

Looking to make a switch to AMD GPU and am curious if anyone has tried the "Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5" ? It's listed as metal compatible for 10.14 --- though now I am seeing that it refers to mac pro and not imac pro....
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898

--the rx580's are generally not recommended in this guide due to lack of iGPU support, though I havent found explanation for what iGPU offers and if this would even hinder my setup. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Would this Sapphire pulse 580 card be an exception to the rule?

My rig is not very gpu intensive, no games or video editing, just GUI for Logic & a few other apps. I use two 4k monitors, not picky on HDMI or DP.
Trying to make my rig as vanilla as possible, am curious if this rx580 would in theory require whatevergreen/lilu/or a custom custom SSDT.aml?

Hoping to avoid vega due to price/power consumption/heat and I am currently using gtx970 on 10.13.

Many thanks

I clearly discourage from using a RX 580 with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. If you think that a RX Vega 64 might be too pricy and power consuming, better opt for a RX Vega 56 in your case.

any tips to use usb patch in the 10.14.1 beta? seems usb patch 10.14.0 not work with 10.14.1 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back