Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been slowly but surely buying parts to build my future machine. The one part that I have been waiting to buy has been the CPU. Intel has recently announced a new line-up of Skylake-X chips that look very similar to the old line-up of Skylake-X Chips, but with some increase in Frequency and L3 Cache in some chips.
skylake-x chips.png
Originally I was aiming to buy the i9-7920x but now I am considering the i9-9920x. I know this is speculation, but can anyone foresee any increased difficulties implementing a successful build with these new chips since they will be somewhat different than the one installed in the iMacPro?

Thanks

I have been slowly but surely buying parts to build my future machine. The one part that I have been waiting to buy has been the CPU. Intel has recently announced a new line-up of Skylake-X chips that look very similar to the old line-up of Skylake-X Chips, but with some increase in Frequency and L3 Cache in some chips.
View attachment 359122
Originally I was aiming to buy the i9-7920x but now I am considering the i9-9920x. I know this is speculation, but can anyone foresee any increased difficulties implementing a successful build with these new chips since they will be somewhat different than the one installed in the iMacPro?

Thanks

I guess this will mainly depend on the mainboard you are going to purchase. Actual mainboards might require some BIOS update to make the i9-99xx series work.

Was trying to make a new USB installer for mojave and noticed the guide still has it pointing to the 'Install macOS Mojave Beta.app' in step D.3 (2)

Removed 'Beta'
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

Just a heads up when making a USB installer.

Now, how do you expect me to help you in your issue based on the lack of information you provide above? Please learn to bug report and try to provide the adequate documentation to allow others to help in your issue. I am tired of permanently repeating myself, which information is required to receive support and help along this thread. Please read recent posts and you will see what I refer to.

Cheers,

KGP
I'm really sorry friend, I'm really new to this more advanced stuff. Please tell me if I did it right this time.

Thank you very much for your time.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.4 MB · Views: 187
  • Gui’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    17.6 MB · Views: 125
I'm really sorry friend, I'm really new to this more advanced stuff. Please tell me if I did it right this time.

Thank you very much for your time.

Side comment: For now you have only implemented SSDT-X299-ANS.aml and SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml. The two SSDTs however will never work if you do not implement SSDT-DTPG.aml in addition.

I still miss screenshots of your current BIOS settings. The latter might allow to traceback the reason for your random system freezes. BTW.. Are you using the mandatory AVX and AVX-512 offsets?

Concerning your NVMe performance, you can try to disable the TRIM Kext patch in your config.plist. Else I do not know which NVMe performance you would theoretically expect and what would be the max. achievable NVMe transfer rate in reality. You should also investigate the possibility of thermal throttling.

Cheers,

KGP

KGP God, can help me configure an i9 7900x + ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe + vega 64 graphics card for the installation of 10.14 EFI? For my little white, I still don't understand the tutorial. I am very grateful if you can help, thank you!

Below is the modification I made with your EFI, but I found that there are many problems. . I don't know what to do now. .

Attachments

• 10.14 EFI.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I guess this will mainly depend on the mainboard you are going to purchase. Actual mainboards might require some BIOS update to make the i9-99xx series work.

Asus recently updated the X299-Deluxe to version II: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-DELUXE-II/

Similar to @PurdueRph, I'm planning to get the i9-9900X along with the above board.
We'll have to wait for these boards & chips to be launched to know if they are properly worth it (over the slight premium of current Skylake-X chips).

@kgp Would you be willing, and able to assist us if we run any into issues? I'm guessing the guide will mostly remain the same?

Asus recently updated the X299-Deluxe to version II: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-DELUXE-II/

Similar to @PurdueRph, I'm planning to get the i9-9900X along with the above board.
We'll have to wait for these boards & chips to be launched to know if they are properly worth it (over the slight premium of current Skylake-X chips).

@kgp Would you be willing, and able to assist us if we run any into issues? I'm guessing the guide will mostly remain the same?

Did your update to the Prime X299 Deluxe II require any changes in the system configuration? BIOS settings, EFI-Folder, SSDTs, etc.?

The Prime X299 Deluxe II seems to feature an on-board Titan Ridge controller. Does it work with SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml? What about TB3,USB-C and DP1.4 HotPlug?

Last edited:
Did your update to the Prime X299 Deluxe II require any changes in the system configuration? BIOS settings, EFI-Folder, SSDTs, etc.?

The Prime X299 Deluxe II seems to feature an on-board Titan Ridge controller. Does it work with SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml? What about TB3,USB-C and DP1.4 HotPlug?
Sorry, I guess I confused you. I am planning to update to this board when the 99XX-X chips become available. I will surely test all of these things and report back here when I do. This could be another few weeks because everything launches 3-4 weeks late in India :lol:

Until then, I'm on X99 on High Sierra.

The onboard Titan Ridge Controller is what really caught my attention.

I would further suggest that @TECH_ATTACK also provides screen shots of his BIOS settings, EFI-Folder, IOREG.save, DSDT.aml, as well as a PCI snapshot of Apple's system report, in my opinion absolutely mandatory basics for receiving any help by others. This latter information might also help you in helping him (as you kindly offer) and would also avoid filling the thread with dozens of else likely unnecessary posts and questions.

In general, I do not understand why people expect a fully working system by repeatedly skipping important steps of my guide like the mandatory SSDT implementation.

I did not skip SSDT implementation, i just ried to find out why FCPX is not using VEGA for export anymore. So i tried to boot without the SSDT related to the Vega. I will post all needed Data after my Frontier Edition arrived.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back