Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
Intel I7-7920X Delidded
Graphics
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16 GB
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well, I've got nothing but praise for @kgp for this guide, as well as the preceding ones. My build celebrates is 1 year birthday today--OK, I know there's still one cable not sleeved. Average uptime is around 21 days between reboots, longest was 40 days. Maybe this will brighten your Sunday, one scientist to another, @kgp

Reactions: kgp

djlild7hina

Retired
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also want to say thank you to @kgp for the amount of dedication and time to make these guides and your continuous support. The guides are definitely initimidating at first but once it’s up and running I haven’t had any issues. Now I just need to get into watercooling it :lol:

So thank you kgp!

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega 64
From my side I must also thank you for the guides @kgp. I am a medical data scientist working on deep learning applications in medical imaging and your guide has been a tremendous help to my research.
To everyone else, there is a limit to how much a single person can endure and -as a medical professional- I must ask everyone to chill out with the constant bombardment with what are essentially issues which in most cases can be solved by thoroughly reading the guides. Alas, thoroughly doing anything, especially reading, is a skill many have nowadays apparently unlearned.
Good night to all,
Sami

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
XFX RX580 8 gb
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any ideas where I might go to get beyond this point in booting to the installer?

i7800, Asus x299-e Gaming.

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
A fun Screensaver for macOS if anyone is interested. Works really well on my dual 38" LG 3840x1600 Ultrawides

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any ideas where I might go to get beyond this point in booting to the installer?

i7800, Asus x299-e Gaming.

View attachment 389420
That looks like an improper UEFI .efi driver or missing the correct one.

Are you following the guide on page 1 with the EFI zip thats provided?

Please post your own here.

djlild7hina

Retired
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hmm BIOS settings look fine. Can you try uninstalling the smalltree kext from /Library/Extensions and repairing permissions? It may be causing a conflict from loading from the efi folder. If that doesn't work, try removing your small tree pci card. In ioreg under PC03 you should see the smalltree kext properly loaded. I've attached a screenshot comparing your ioreg and mine.

Also do you have a listing of your pci devices and what slot they are in?
@VideoTek any luck?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
XFX RX580 8 gb
Mobile Phone
iOS
That looks like an improper UEFI .efi driver or missing the correct one.

Are you following the guide on page 1 with the EFI zip thats provided?

Please post your own here.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am following the guide on page 1 the best I can (frankly, some of it is beyond my understanding). But I am using the latest EFI.zip and clover release. The UEFI settings on the 1st page did allow me to get the USB drive to be recognized and brought to the boot selector, however, I can't troubleshoot further because I'm over my head I fear.

Motherboard
ASRock X299M Extreme 4
CPU
i9 7920X
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am following the guide on page 1 the best I can (frankly, some of it is beyond my understanding). But I am using the latest EFI.zip and clover release. The UEFI settings on the 1st page did allow me to get the USB drive to be recognized and brought to the boot selector, however, I can't troubleshoot further because I'm over my head I fear.
Hi @coldharbor

in case you want us to help, you need to provide your EFI folder as well as your BIOS settings.
Without those information it will be over our head as well ;)

All the Best
Frank

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey Everyone, before i accidently write a long story here and it is the wrong thread, i just want to ask.

i have some issues i had to accept yesterday that i am not able to fix them by myself.
The system i am running looks solid, but it seems the power management is not working correctly, and i do not find a solution for it.

would this thread be the right place to ask for help about this? as my Board is exactly the same as the TEStarter uses (Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming)

Kind regards
Tepoo

Status
Not open for further replies.