Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning @franksanderdo,

the SSDT-1 was a suggestion by someone from another forum. I am trying to fix this since over 2 Weeks. so the SSDT was Try #6 or so.
But I agree with you, I do not feel any changes at all when using it.

I will do the USB XHC Guide this evening. As my ports all worked, I honestly thought they run oob and I do not need this.
but I will go through this guide when I am back home.

Thanks for the heads up so far.

Awesome! Glad you got everything working ! I didn’t add the cavs to hdef to clover since I have a SSDT for that. I will update this post with ssdts for the sage 10G.

Hope this helps or contributes somehow in your endeavour to provide a set of correct SSDTs for the WS X299 Sage 10G. The current GFX0 HDAU device implementation is for a Vega Frontier and should be modified for Vega 64, Vega 56, RX580, RX560 or Nvidia based on respective SSDT approaches available in the X299 SSDT Github library. Also other additional PCIe device configurations might have to be removed or modified, depending on user specific PCIe hardware configurations. One also still might need to perform some revision of implemented DSM cosmetics to correctly mention Slot assignments or WS X299 Sage 10G specific onboard components in Section PCI of Apple's system report.

This set of SSDTs else requires my default EFi-Folder configuration + TSCAdjustReset.kext + Lilu.kext + Apple ALC.kext + WEG.kext + additionally hardwired config.plist ACPI replacements therein. TSCAdjustReset.kext and CPxx -PRxx config.plist ACPI replacements have to be adopted for each Skylake-X CPU in use.

Attachments

• KGP-SSDTs-ASUS-WS-X299-Sage-10GB.zip
    15 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I got it,and I will try later~~!!Thx!
If you’re trying to get the 10GB port working, you’ll need to install 10.13.3 first then you can upgrade to Mojave. Follow part E.8.2.1 of the guide

Hi, I have a Sonnet 10gbe Solo TH3 device, it work OOB as spected in MacbookPro but not in my custom iMacPro.
Checked bios setting for Titan Ridge card:
Code:
TBT Root port Selector [PCIE16_3]
Thunderbolt Usb Support [Disabled]
Thunderbolt Boot Support [Disabled]
Wake From Thunderbolt(TM) Devices [Disabled]
Thunderbolt(TM) PCIe Cache-line Size [128]
GPIO3 Force Pwr [Enabled]
Wait time in ms after applying Force Pwr [200]
Skip PCI OptionRom [Enabled]
Security Level [SL0-No Security]
Reserve mem per phy slot [32]
Reserve P mem per phy slot [32]
Reserve IO per phy slot [20]
Delay Before SX Exit [300]
GPIO filter [Enabled]
Enable CLK REQ [Disabled]
Enable ASPM [Disabled]
Enable LTR [Disabled]
Extra Bus Reserved [65]
Reseved Memory [386]
Memory Alignment [26]
Reserved PMemory [960]
PMemory Alignment [28]
Reserved I/O [0]
Alpine Ridge XHCI WA [Disabled]

Detected in PCI Implementation:

I updated to latest clover & kext:
Code:
Clover 4888
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.6)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CodecCommander.kext (v.2.6.2)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\LPCSensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\GPUSensors.kext (v.1462)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CPUSensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext (v.<null string>)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ACPISensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VegaGraphicsFixup.kext (v.1.2.3)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\TSCAdjustReset.kext (v.1.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext (v.1.0.6)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.3.5)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.3.4)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AGPMEnabler.kext (v.2.3.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.4.0d0)

MacbookPro:

Add ioreg from iMac Pro, 1503 bios setting & MacbookPro 2018 for help.

Attachments

• iMac Pro TH3.ioreg
    7.1 MB · Views: 74
  • MacBook Pro_razerCoreX_sonnet10gb_TH3.ioreg
    25.2 MB · Views: 78
  • Bios1503_setting.txt
    67.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi, I have a Sonnet 10gbe Solo TH3 device, it work OOB as spected in MacbookPro but not in my custom iMacPro.
Checked bios setting for Titan Ridge card:
Code:
TBT Root port Selector [PCIE16_3]
Thunderbolt Usb Support [Disabled]
Thunderbolt Boot Support [Disabled]
Wake From Thunderbolt(TM) Devices [Disabled]
Thunderbolt(TM) PCIe Cache-line Size [128]
GPIO3 Force Pwr [Enabled]
Wait time in ms after applying Force Pwr [200]
Skip PCI OptionRom [Enabled]
Security Level [SL0-No Security]
Reserve mem per phy slot [32]
Reserve P mem per phy slot [32]
Reserve IO per phy slot [20]
Delay Before SX Exit [300]
GPIO filter [Enabled]
Enable CLK REQ [Disabled]
Enable ASPM [Disabled]
Enable LTR [Disabled]
Extra Bus Reserved [65]
Reseved Memory [386]
Memory Alignment [26]
Reserved PMemory [960]
PMemory Alignment [28]
Reserved I/O [0]
Alpine Ridge XHCI WA [Disabled]

Detected in PCI Implementation:
View attachment 389757

I updated to latest clover & kext:
Code:
Clover 4888
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.6)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CodecCommander.kext (v.2.6.2)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\LPCSensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\GPUSensors.kext (v.1462)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\CPUSensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\KGP-iMacPro-XHCI.kext (v.<null string>)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\ACPISensors.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VegaGraphicsFixup.kext (v.1.2.3)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\TSCAdjustReset.kext (v.1.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext (v.1.0.6)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.3.5)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.3.4)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1449)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AGPMEnabler.kext (v.2.3.1)
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.4.0d0)

MacbookPro:

View attachment 389758

View attachment 389759
View attachment 389760

Add ioreg from iMac Pro, 1503 bios setting & MacbookPro 2018 for help.

As there does not exist any local TB node nor any TB BUS driver implementation for GC-Ttan Ridge, GC-Alpine Ridge or TBEX 3 on any Hackintosh systems up to now, it is just logical that also your Sonnet 10gbe Solo TH3 device does not work with the GC-Ttan Ridge on your Hackintosh system, as it requires the latter. The same btw also states for my external DELL-SD1-T0500 TB3 NVMe, which up to now is just implemented on my Hackintosh system as a normal PCIe device (limited to 8GB/s) when connected to my GC-Titan Ridge due to the missing TB BUS driver implementation.

In consequence, also the NVMe speeds are not as expected:

However, your 10gbe Solo TH3 device apparently does not to work at all without the missing TB node and TB BUS driver implementation on Hackintosh systems. Just try to understand underlaying basics and principles.

All information you provided above is absolutely of no help in this matter. Try to add local TB node and TB BUS driver implementation to SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml based on SSDT-9.aml from the iMacPro dump and your 10gbe Solo TH3 device will work OoB also on your Hackintosh system.. Good luck! ;)

KGP

Last edited:
Over at the 10G thread, we've a few people try these combo adapters, and all of them just didn't work. So, then folks moved to a dedicated card, like the Chelsio, the Syba, etc.

Do you know for a fact that your Thunderbolt is working?

Remember, one of the primary requirements for TB (Thunderbolt) on a Hackintosh is for you to get it working on Windows, verify it's working there, and make sure the drivers and firmware are up to date for your TB card.

So, again, if you plug it in on Windows, does the adapter work there? Because it should, unless the hardware is unreliable or is defective....

Please see post #2,168 .

Hope this helps or contributes somehow in your endeavour to provide a set of correct SSDTs for the WS X299 Sage 10G. The current GFX0 HDAU device implementation is for a Vega Frontier and should be modified for Vega 64, Vega 56, RX580, RX560 or Nvidia based on respective SSDT approaches available in the X299 SSDT Github library. Also other additional PCIe device configurations might have to be removed or modified, depending on user specific PCIe hardware configurations. One also still might need to perform some revision of implemented DSM cosmetics to correctly mention Slot assignments or WS X299 Sage 10G specific onboard components in Section PCI of Apple's system report.

This set of SSDTs else requires my default EFi-Folder configuration + TSCAdjustReset.kext + Lilu.kext + Apple ALC.kext + WEG.kext + additionally hardwired config.plist ACPI replacements therein. TSCAdjustReset.kext and CPxx -PRxx config.plist ACPI replacements have to be adopted for each Skylake-X CPU in use.

Thanks @kgp! these were very similar to the SSDTs I have for my system and I also provided a new EFI folder config with those things you mentioned in post #2082 :) . @VideoTek I've attached a set of SSDTs to be placed under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. I would copy everything except for the BR1A and BR2A first to make sure everything shows up properly under PCI devices under System Report. Then follow with br2a (Vega and wifi card) then br1a (Black magic 8k card). Also you can remove the CAVS -> HDEF replacement since it's done in SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml. Let me know if you have any issues!

Attachments

• VideoTek-SSDTs.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
works for me with the 34" 5K2K

That’s odd. It used to work in high Sierra for me :(

Going to see if I need to modify the EDID. Will post results for others if they need it.

VideoTek[/USER] I've attached a set of SSDTs to be placed under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. I would copy everything except for the BR1A and BR2A first to make sure everything shows up properly under PCI devices under System Report. Then follow with br2a (Vega and wifi card) then br1a (Black magic 8k card). Also you can remove the CAVS -> HDEF replacement since it's done in SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml. Let me know if you have any issues!

Amazing!!

BEFORE BR1A and BR2A

AFTER BR1A and BR2A

Nice! I am testing system audio now. Any suggestions on apps for verifying audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back