Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas where I might go to get beyond this point in booting to the installer?

i7800, Asus x299-e Gaming.

Any ideas where I might go to get beyond this point in booting to the installer?

i7800, Asus x299-e Gaming.

View attachment 389420

That looks like an improper UEFI .efi driver or missing the correct one.

Are you following the guide on page 1 with the EFI zip thats provided?

Please post your own here.

Hmm BIOS settings look fine. Can you try uninstalling the smalltree kext from /Library/Extensions and repairing permissions? It may be causing a conflict from loading from the efi folder. If that doesn't work, try removing your small tree pci card. In ioreg under PC03 you should see the smalltree kext properly loaded. I've attached a screenshot comparing your ioreg and mine.

Also do you have a listing of your pci devices and what slot they are in?

@VideoTek any luck?

That looks like an improper UEFI .efi driver or missing the correct one.

Are you following the guide on page 1 with the EFI zip thats provided?

Please post your own here.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am following the guide on page 1 the best I can (frankly, some of it is beyond my understanding). But I am using the latest EFI.zip and clover release. The UEFI settings on the 1st page did allow me to get the USB drive to be recognized and brought to the boot selector, however, I can't troubleshoot further because I'm over my head I fear.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am following the guide on page 1 the best I can (frankly, some of it is beyond my understanding). But I am using the latest EFI.zip and clover release. The UEFI settings on the 1st page did allow me to get the USB drive to be recognized and brought to the boot selector, however, I can't troubleshoot further because I'm over my head I fear.
Hi @coldharbor

in case you want us to help, you need to provide your EFI folder as well as your BIOS settings.
Without those information it will be over our head as well ;)

All the Best
Frank

Hey Everyone, before i accidently write a long story here and it is the wrong thread, i just want to ask.

i have some issues i had to accept yesterday that i am not able to fix them by myself.
The system i am running looks solid, but it seems the power management is not working correctly, and i do not find a solution for it.

would this thread be the right place to ask for help about this? as my Board is exactly the same as the TEStarter uses (Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming)

Kind regards
Tepoo

Hey Everyone, before i accidently write a long story here and it is the wrong thread, i just want to ask.

i have some issues i had to accept yesterday that i am not able to fix them by myself.
The system i am running looks solid, but it seems the power management is not working correctly, and i do not find a solution for it.

would this thread be the right place to ask for help about this? as my Board is exactly the same as the TEStarter uses (Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming)

Kind regards
Tepoo
Hi @Tepoo

as far as I know @kgp started the thread and he is using a ASUS board ;)
Never the less I believe you can ask your question anyways. Just do yourself the favor and read the very first post in this thread before asking questions.
@kgp has put a lot of effort in that post to explain how to successfully setup a vanilla x299 system.

All the Best
Frank

Oh you are right, he has an Asus... (i thought I read Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming somewhere... weird)

Yeah, I have read his line about what to post. I will prepare the files when I am back home and upload them here.
Really looking for help and hope you guys can help me.

Thanks for the heads up.

I got a R6E with a AQC107 10-GBit Ethernet built in,can't work follow the guide。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back