Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp@Ellybz
I remove fireware card
Now went to sleep but not wake up.
It will go to sleep with your Firewire card. For some reason the SSDT is preventing the sleep. Not the card.

Nothing special, I think I made a wrong power table in the beginning. Now I left all stock values, a part from top boost clock speed at 1800 MHz (stock boost is 1550 for air Vega and 1660 for liquid). I stressed the GPU with luxmark and clock stays at 1800 for 20min, after, maybe because the water in the loop gets too hot, core clocks stabilize at 1700Mhz. This way I get 210K+ points in Geekbench Metal bench.
Glad to know you won’t have to waste money.

If you haven’t already you should do push/pull and cap the fans in the bios and it will run cool and quiet.

I have about 12 fans in my system now, both radiators are push/pull and it does wonders on full load and it’s nearly silent.

It will go to sleep with your Firewire card. For some reason the SSDT is preventing the sleep. Not the card.

I would not see any reason why the firewire/XHC2 SSDT should prevent sleep. In fact the opposite should be the case. I am sure his system would not sleep as long the firewire card is installed, even in case that he drops the respective SSDT for testing purposes (which can be easily confirmed by testing), which in any case properly implements the PCI drivers for firewire card and additional USB adapter and does nothing else at present. One rather might try to further extent the SSDT in case of sleep issues induced by the firewire device.

Yet one has to investigate up to which extend sleep/wake is also broken by the additional USB adapter.

I would not see any reason why the firewire/XHC2 SSDT should prevent sleep. In fact the opposite should be the case. I am sure his system would not sleep as long the firewire card is installed, even in case that he drops the respective SSDT for testing purposes (which can be easily confirmed by testing), which in any case properly implements the PCI drivers for firewire card and additional USB adapter and does nothing else at present. One rather might try to further extent the SSDT in case of sleep issues induced by the firewire device.

Yet one has to investigate up to which extend sleep/wake is also broken by the additional USB adapter.
I can only state what I tested & experienced myself. Thats why I mentioned earlier, why his system won't sleep. :)
Maybe @nmano can try and verify this?

I can only state what I tested & experienced myself. Thats why I mentioned earlier, why his system won't sleep. :)
Maybe @nmano can try and verify this?

Sure, he should even!

@nmano, @Ellybz,

If sleep/wake works without SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml but with Firewire and XHC2 USB hardware installed, check and verify the following code parts of SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml encircled by red rectangles below, which I just copied from @nmano's former system SSDT implementation for his X299-WU8:

However, at first place I would test if system sleep/wake works without Firewire and XHC2 USB hardware installed. I guess it is evident that for this test also SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml should be removed from the EFI-Folder.

Good luck and good night,

KGP

@nmano, @Ellybz,

If sleep/wake works without SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml but with Firewire and XHC2 USB hardware installed, check and verify the following code parts of SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml encircled by red rectangles below, which I just copied from @nmano's former system SSDT implementation for his X299-W
However, at first place I would test if system sleep/wake works without Firewire and XHC2 USB hardware installed. I guess it is evident that for this test also SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2.aml should be removed from the EFI-Folder.

Good luck and good night,

KGP
I try like this
Code:
/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML/ASL+ Disassembler version 20180427 (64-bit version)(RM)
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2018 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembling to non-symbolic legacy ASL operators
 * Disassembly of iASLCWVu49.aml, Fri Feb 15 20:15:32 2019
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x0000025D (605)
 *     Revision         0x01
 *     Checksum         0xE1
 *     OEM ID           "KGP"
 *     OEM Table ID     "X299SL01"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00000000 (0)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20180427 (538444839)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "KGP", "X299SL01", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A.PEGP, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PC01.BR1A.SL01, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments (from opcode)

Scope (\_SB.PC01.BR1A)
    {
        Scope (SL01)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status
        }

Scope (PEGP)
        {
            Device (EGP5)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)  // _ADR: Address
                Device (XHC2)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                           
                            })
                        }

Store (Package ()
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                    "Slot-5"
                                },

"built-in",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                     0x00                                           
                                },

"name",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                    "Intel XHC Controller"
                                },

"model",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                    "USB xHC Host Controller"
                                },

"device_type",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                    "USB eXtensible Host Controller"
                                },

"device-id",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                     0x42, 0x11, 0x00, 0x00                         
                                },

"subsystem-id",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                     0x42, 0x11, 0x00, 0x00                         
                                },

"subsystem-vendor-id",
                                Buffer ()
                                {
                                     0x21, 0x1B, 0x00, 0x00                         
                                }

}, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

ASUS remove Deluxe II bios 0404 from their website...not sure why....

Thanks guys.
I will test without USB card soon.

Working here so, I can't respond as fast as kgp, but I was gonna make similar remarks about darkwake & XHC USB Kext. I'm almost positive it is between these two. I'm sure that the other SSDTs ( outside Firewire ) are not the issue.
Thanks my friend
I will test this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back