Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
We are still missing fully implemented and truncated 15-port X299 Designare EX kexts for the Github XHC USB kext library. Would you be able to provide such kexts including a port-layout.rtf for the X299 Designare EX?

Your actual kext does only implement 9 HS/SS ports. Is there some reason? There are no further HS/SS ports required to fully implement all USB2.0 and USB3.0 onboard connectors/headers of the X299 Designare EX?

I really would appreciate your help and collaboration in this matter.

Many thanks in advance,

KGP
Greetings -

Finally got the chance to download the generous gift of X299 Designare EX kext for USB. Installed this in what I thought was the right place (EFI > Clover > Kexts > Other.... vs. using something like KextWizard to install to S/L/E). I'm happy to report that all 4 of the USB3.1 Gen1 ports on the back panel are fully functional. I've tested each & every port with
  • a USB3.0 SanDisk flash drive,
  • HGST 2.5" USB3.0 drive,
  • a Samsung 850PRO SSD in a Sabrent USB3.0 enclosure, and finally
  • 1T Samsung T5 USB3.1 SSD
Ran both AJA System Test and Blackmagic Design Disk Speed test, and data transfer rates were as I expected for each class of drive. FWIW, here are the read/write tests for the Samsung T5 SSD (USB 3.1):
Samsung T5-AJA.png
Samsung T5-BMD.png

In addition, my ATA case has a single USB3.0 port that is connected to the USB3 mobo header. This port is also working fine. So for me and this machine, I think that is PLENTY of USB ports...especially since the case will be in the room below my studio. I'll be running HDMI to my new monitor, one (1) USB2 "active" extension to drive MIDI-overUSB on my Korg Kronos keyboard, TB3 cable to my TB3 hub, and one more USB cable to a USB3 hub for all my various "keys" that control licenses for some of my plug-ins and iLok for Pro Tools.

KUDOS KUDOS to @izo1 for sharing the kext for X299 Designare EX to get all my USBs working!

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
I9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, I will. I will follow your instructions as close as possible. I have not built a hackintosh since '14. It was a i7 4930K on a Rampage Black Edition. It was solid for several years. I hope I can have success with the Alienware!
So I ripped out the Alienware Motherboard and replace it with a X299 Prime Deluxe. I am now going to proceed to install Mojave on my AlienMac with a ASUS ROG 1200 watt power supply, i9 7980XE, 32 GB 2666Mhz ram, 1 GB NVMe, GeForce GTX1080i.

Any recommendations are appreciated. I can't wait to have Mojave running!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I ripped out the Alienware Motherboard and replace it with a X299 Prime Deluxe. I am now going to proceed to install Mojave on my AlienMac with a ASUS ROG 1200 watt power supply, i9 7980XE, 32 GB 2666Mhz ram, 1 GB NVMe, GeForce GTX1080i.

Any recommendations are appreciated. I can't wait to have Mojave running!
Yes one recommendation, though. ;)

Sell your GTX1080i and change to Vega 56 or 64. The GTX1080i won't work under Mojave. Simply a no-go as there is no web driver.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Apex
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi kgp,

Im Back With new x299 Build
I missed you :)

I have i9 9980xe
Rampage VI Apex
64GB Ram @3600 gskil
Vega f.e 16GB
(RTX 2080TI for later ;)
250gb NVME 960
1TB NVME 970
2x 1TB WD BLU NVME SSD

I did everything listed in your directory
But I'm stuck....

I dont see in my mobo
b.) MSR Lock Control:Disabled
But i chek in clover "kernel pm"

The message is attached to the picture

Is there a way around this?

c6ab0f1f-1363-4d29-ac36-054b4705b1eb.jpg

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-vii

Anyone else getting this? Release date Feb. 7

Most likely it will be added in the next iMac Pro update. Maybe even in 10.14.3 :thumbup:

I was going to get a 2nd Vega FE, but I think just getting one of these and selling the Vega FE will suffice.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega FE
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-vii

Anyone else getting this? Release date Feb. 7

Most likely it will be added in the next iMac Pro update. Maybe even in 10.14.3 :thumbup:

I was going to get a 2nd Vega FE, but I think just getting one of these and selling the Vega FE will suffice.

I’ll be getting one once confirmed it works with Mac OS. I thought someone saw the driver for these in macOS update rescently...

Motherboard
MSI X299 Raider
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi kgp,

I have i9 9980xe
Rampage VI Apex
64GB Ram @3600 gskil
Vega f.e 16GB
(RTX 2080TI for later ;)
250gb NVME 960
1TB NVME 970
2x 1TB WD BLU NVME SSD

I did everything listed in your directory
But I'm stuck....

I dont see in my mobo
b.) MSR Lock Control:Disabled
But i chek in clover "kernel pm"
Make sure BIOS is most current BIOS. Originally ASUS didn't include MSR Lock Control in the BIOS, but was added to more current BIOS after KGP requested for it. The most current version of the BIOS is Version 1602.

Ellybz

Retired
Motherboard
X299 GA AORUS GAMING 7
CPU
I9-7980Xe
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
@kgp and all needing this ..
Please find attached, for your Github library, the fully implemented XHC USB Kext for X299 GA Gaming 7. All ports are implemented and verified.
Attached is also a comprehensive Map layout. Writing the ports layout via Rtf seemed redundant as the map is comprehensive.
Best,
Elly

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Apex
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Make sure BIOS is most current BIOS. Originally ASUS didn't include MSR Lock Control in the BIOS, but was added to more current BIOS after KGP requested for it. The most current version of the BIOS is Version 1602.

you were right

I thought because I installed the new generation 9 processor
So the board was already up to date
But it turns out I was wrong :(

Now I was stuck in another area
But I'll try to solve it alone before I get a response

Status
Not open for further replies.