Graphics
GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been a Hackintosher for the past year. I bought a genuine 2009-11 iMac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Card to get full functionality out of OS X. It worked marvelously. I am now building a Hackintosh for my grandfather, and bought the same Wifi Card. Plugged it in, and OS X does not recognize it at all. He has a similar motherboard to mine (I have a Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1, and he has a H97M-E). I cannot begin to understand how come it is not recognized. I am using a 3rd party Wifi Dongle at the moment (Low Speed). If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, as I have one day to fix this.

I've been a Hackintosher for the past year. I bought a genuine 2009-11 iMac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Card to get full functionality out of OS X. It worked marvelously. I am now building a Hackintosh for my grandfather, and bought the same Wifi Card. Plugged it in, and OS X does not recognize it at all. He has a similar motherboard to mine (I have a Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1, and he has a H97M-E). I cannot begin to understand how come it is not recognized. I am using a 3rd party Wifi Dongle at the moment (Low Speed). If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, as I have one day to fix this.
Can you confirm the card works in another machine
what are the system definitions you are using

I do not have another machine to test this on. My system definition is iMac 14,2. Same as my personal one. This one has an i5-4590, H97M-E, 8GB RAM, 750 Ti, while mine has an i5-4590, Z97-E/USB 3.1, 16GB RAM and 960 SSC 4GB.
Make a Linux live usb and see if it works in Linux is the only other recommendation I have at the moment I don't have any of that hardware to do any testing with and without knowing for 100% that it does indeed work in another machine it's hard to tell what is going on

which slot on the motherboard is it in? Is there another slot you can try it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back