Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to disable SIP with

csrutil disable

And I get this:
csrutil: failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS.

I tried to just delete the mediaanalysis.plist manually, but I get this:
“com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by macOS.

How can I get around either of these walls?

EDIT: I modified my config.plist to remove SIP and got the mediaanalysisd file deleted.

Sadly, I'm still getting the beach ball spinning and system stalls. Do I also need to remove the questionable videos from my Photos app?

Recommend disabling SIP via the config with Clover. Set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

Hello its my first message¡¡ I build my first Hackintosh this month ¡¡ and I have the same problem....after 10 minutes the computer very slowly.....in safari same problem after 10 minutes.I have Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 any solution for this?? another problem is when open clover appears this message "config.plist not found, I can't find a config file...... its normal this message??? please help me¡¡¡¡ thank you¡¡

Last edited:
Hello its my first message¡¡ I build my first Hackintosh this month ¡¡ and I have the same problem....after 10 minutes the computer very slowly.....in safari same problem after 10 minutes.I have Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 any solution for this?? another problem is when open clover appears this message "config.plist not found, I can't find a config file...... its normal this message??? please help me¡¡¡¡ thank you¡¡

After I deleted all the videos in Photos app, the lag disappeared. It seems like the lag occurs when the video is shot on there devices besides iPhone.

As for config.plist, you have to mount your EFI partition in order to access the config.plist file. I'm assuming you're using Clover Configurator correct? There is an option in the app to mount the EFI partition of your main OS drive.

After I deleted all the videos in Photos app, the lag disappeared. It seems like the lag occurs when the video is shot on there devices besides iPhone.

As for config.plist, you have to mount your EFI partition in order to access the config.plist file. I'm assuming you're using Clover Configurator correct? There is an option in the app to mount the EFI partition of your main OS drive.

ok you talk me lags in photo.app???buy my problems is in finder, safari......I don't have photo.app open when appears lag...
In clover yes I mount the efi partition and open config.plist to configure......this message It appears when open clover configurator but I don't now its normal or not... sorry for my English.....

It will lag even when the Photos app is not open. As long as you have any video files in your Photos library, it will continue to lag. You can disable the mediaanylsed file like others have done here if you don’t want to remove the video files.

And yes the message in Clover Configurator is normal when you open it.

It will lag even when the Photos app is not open. As long as you have any video files in your Photos library, it will continue to lag. You can disable the mediaanylsed file like others have done here if you don’t want to remove the video files.

And yes the message in Clover Configurator is normal when you open it.

ok,i disable it ...

thank you¡¡¡¡¡¡

I can't believe how badly this thread got derailed. It's like someone took his car to the shop because it was having trouble starting and the mechanic suggests fixes to the brakes, transmission, radio, air conditioning, and so on. Hey! Thanks...but my car still won't start properly! A new set of tires? What?

Photos is the culprit for me. The lagging when coming back to my computer after being away was bugging me for a few weeks. I wasn't really using Photos, anyway...just testing. Never had Photos turned on in iCloud. I zipped the Library and threw the original away yesterday morning and since then...no issue.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to handle my photos and this definitely rules out Photos for now.

I had this problem, it was really annoying of course, all I did was unload this plist and I haven't had the problem since.

Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

I use Photos, I have about 80GB in the library including photos and videos. I know this command has been previously mentioned in this thread, did you try it? (Sorry if you have already discussed this, there are too many pages in this thread to read them all...)

Or you can remove all video files from Photos.

I had this problem, it was really annoying of course, all I did was unload this plist and I haven't had the problem since.

Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

I use Photos, I have about 80GB in the library including photos and videos. I know this command has been previously mentioned in this thread, did you try it? (Sorry if you have already discussed this, there are too many pages in this thread to read them all...)

I tried that...didn't help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back