Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem on Sierra and fixed it with this terminal command:

sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

Hi guys!
I have the same problem with lags after 10 minutes idling on macOS Sierra.
May I attach required files to get help?

Desktop, just in case:
Asus z170a
16GB RAM DDR4
MSI GTX1060 6GB
SSD Crucial MX200
2 HDD SATA 3
Monitor LG29U68P

Thanks in advance

@Wandarnem, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@Wandarnem, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
Done! I refreshed my profile. Thanks for advise!
I also attached: 1) Clover folder without themes (ZIP); 2) IOreg file. Like in previous messages.

Attachments

• Franky.ioreg
    33.7 MB · Views: 240
  • Franky_CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
Guys, I've been trying to find a solution to this bug for two months. I tried all the methods described in this thread, reinstalled the system more than 10 times... The symptoms were all the same.
My general conclusions are:
1) The cause of hangs is not in ACPI, it is assumed that the system is configured normally.
2) Perhaps the reason is partly in the Samsung SSD, the firmware nevertheless follows to update just to be sure you’re on the edge.
3) The reason is that Mac OS does something in the background, most likely runs mediaanalysysd daemon and something happens at the system level with old Photos/iPhoto libraries (migrated from backups or other machines), and everything falls.

Removing video files from Photos, or disabling mediaanalysysd is a silly solution, because it breaks the perfect integrity of the system, depriving us of something interesting, so I tried to do the following.

1) Exit Photos application.
2) Open PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package (press “Show Package Contents”)
3) Backup somewhere only ‘Masters’ and ‘database’ directories.
4) Destroy PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package and run Photos again to recreate the new library from scratch. Exit Photos application again.
5) Open new PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package and replace ‘Masters’ and ‘database’ directories with yours two.
6) Now, оpen the Photos application and let it reindex the entire library again! Don't stop it, it may take several hours.

After that I did not see a freezings due to mediaanalysysd and the CPU does not experience suspicious loads during idle time. It’s okay now, everything works as it has to.

Recently I did something similar with the iTunes library…

UPDATE: unfortunately, one week later it happened again and i dont know what else can be done....

Last edited:
@addmenow, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Guys, I've been trying to find a solution to this bug for two months. I tried all the methods described in this thread, reinstalled the system more than 10 times... The symptoms were all the same.
My general conclusions are:
1) The cause of hangs is not in ACPI, it is assumed that the system is configured normally.
2) Perhaps the reason is partly in the Samsung SSD, the firmware nevertheless follows to update just to be sure you’re on the edge.
3) The reason is that Mac OS does something in the background, most likely runs mediaanalysysd daemon and something happens at the system level with old Photos/iPhoto libraries (migrated from backups or other machines), and everything falls.

Removing video files from Photos, or disabling mediaanalysysd is a silly solution, because it breaks the perfect integrity of the system, depriving us of something interesting, so I tried to do the following.

1) Exit Photos application.
2) Open PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package (press “Show Package Contents”)
3) Backup somewhere only ‘Masters’ and ‘database’ directories.
4) Destroy PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package and run Photos again to recreate the new library from scratch. Exit Photos application again.
5) Open new PhotosLibrary.photoslibrary package and replace ‘Masters’ and ‘database’ directories with yours two.
6) Now, оpen the Photos application and let it reindex the entire library again! Don't stop it, it may take several hours.

After that I did not see a freezings due to mediaanalysysd and the CPU does not experience suspicious loads during idle time. It’s okay now, everything works as it has to.

Recently I did something similar with the iTunes library…

Tried what you suggested but to no avail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back