Contribute
Register

I can't install Monterey because my SSD doesn't want to mount in the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tThe only thing that - usually - stalls the UniBeast installer being created is the partition size of the USB stick and the USB port being used ...

You need a USB stick no bigger than 32GB and use a USB2 port.
Hello, i tried every USB i had at home (every USB is no bigger than 32GB) but it gives me error saying that it failed to maked the installation disk. I can assure you the port is a USB2 port.

Hello, i tried every USB i had at home (every USB is no bigger than 32GB) but it gives me error saying that it failed to maked the installation disk. I can assure you the port is a USB2 port.

There's not much left to suggest. The process works. You place the installer file in your Applications folder and run UniBeast. Simple.

All that's left, that I can think of is where you downloaded the macOS Catalina installer package from?

There's not much left to suggest. The process works. You place the installer file in your Applications folder and run UniBeast. Simple.

All that's left, that I can think of is where you downloaded the macOS Catalina installer package from?
Hello there again, i retried everything with UniBeast but sadly nothing is working.
I installed the macOS Catalina installer from the App Store itself, didn't work, tried with a tool from the OpenCore guide, didn't work either. Should i try on a VM? I don't know what to do anymore.
Do you know what could be a fix to that error that i have with OpenCore? Should i try installer even an OLDER version of macOS? Should i make a vanilla Clover USB? I dont want to give this up because i know it's some little work and then it works but well... i don't know why it doesn't want to work right now.
If i have to use Clover i will, i know its worse than OpenCore in some aspects but im out of choices right now.

Hello there again, i retried everything with UniBeast but sadly nothing is working.
I installed the macOS Catalina installer from the App Store itself, didn't work, tried with a tool from the OpenCore guide, didn't work either. Should i try on a VM? I don't know what to do anymore.
Do you know what could be a fix to that error that i have with OpenCore? Should i try installer even an OLDER version of macOS? Should i make a vanilla Clover USB? I dont want to give this up because i know it's some little work and then it works but well... i don't know why it doesn't want to work right now.
If i have to use Clover i will, i know its worse than OpenCore in some aspects but im out of choices right now.

Be careful. Discussion of VM's will get you banned. They are not an accepted or valid way to install macOS etc. Please check out our Site Rules. :thumbup:

It might be a good idea - and this is just a personal view - to try High Sierra.

The last time Apple used an i5-3470 was 2012 and the iMac13,1 definition. They released it with "Mountain Lion" and support stopped with "Catalina". However, having said that, a PC which is non-Apple hardware might not make it as far as Catalina.

Remember too, you are using a GPU that Apple never did. Lexa is not supported despite the fact that very occasionally people can "spoof" it to a Baffin chipset and get a card working. This isn't guaranteed though, and some try for ages and get nowhere.

Sadly the HD 2500 Intel graphics in your CPU is not supported either.

If you get a graphical interface when you start the installer then chances are you can complete installation even if the end result is stuttering, jerky display output.

If you can install High Sierra then you can, at least, install a cheap NVidia GPU like the GT710 or GT730 and get full accleration.

Last edited:
Be careful. Discussion of VM's will get you banned. They are not an accepted or valid way to install macOS etc. Please check out our Site Rules. :thumbup:

It might be a good idea - and this is just a personal view - to try High Sierra.

The last time Apple used an i5-3470 was 2012 and the iMac13,1 definition. They released it with "Mountain Lion" and support stopped with "Catalina". However, having said that, a PC which is non-Apple hardware might not make it as far as Catalina.

Remember too, you are using a GPU that Apple never did. Lexa is not supported despite the fact that very occasionally people can "spoof" it to a Baffin chipset and get a card working. This isn't guaranteed though, and some try for ages and get nowhere.

Sadly the HD 2500 Intel graphics in your CPU is not supported either.

If you get a graphical interface when you start the installer then chances are you can complete installation even if the end result is stuttering, jerky display output.

If you can install High Sierra then you can, at least, install a cheap NVidia GPU like the GT710 or GT730 and get full accleration.
Hello! I am happy to say that i have installed macOS Catalina and it BOOTS WITH OPENCORE!
Now one problem, everything works except the second monitor (if unplugged works) and my i cant control my GPU fans. If possible could you tell me some app's or driver's to control GPU Fans?
By the way about VM's, i didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

Hello! I am happy to say that i have installed macOS Catalina and it BOOTS WITH OPENCORE!
Now one problem, everything works except the second monitor (if unplugged works) and my i cant control my GPU fans. If possible could you tell me some app's or driver's to control GPU Fans?
By the way about VM's, i didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

Well that is good news! :thumbup:

You should think about writing a guide to help others who want to build such an unusual hack'!

Sorry, I don't know of any apps to control RX 550 fans for macOS. Usually the VBIOS does that itself for the RX-series.

Well that is good news! :thumbup:

You should think about writing a guide to help others who want to build such an unusual hack'!

Sorry, I don't know of any apps to control RX 550 fans for macOS. Usually the VBIOS does that itself for the RX-series.
Yes, i will post a guide when possible for this almost-impossible Hackintosh.
Talking about fan control, im not talking about the RX 550 only, just fan control in general, so i can adjust every fan on my PC without overheating issues. And no, my VBIOS doesn't want to do that. It needs drivers for me or it just overheats (has happened before on Windows with very old drivers).

im not talking about the RX 550 only, just fan control in general, so i can adjust every fan on my PC without overheating issues.

Usually, with more modern motherboards, the BIOS can be set to change fan-speed automatically by PWM, whether case or CPU fans. Certainly there are apps that allow us to view the current state of those speeds, but not manually adjust them outside of BIOS.

Hey, but you never know, there may be something out there I've not seen before! :thumbup:

Usually, with more modern motherboards, the BIOS can be set to change fan-speed automatically by PWM, whether case or CPU fans. Certainly there are apps that allow us to view the current state of those speeds, but not manually adjust them outside of BIOS.

Hey, but you never know, there may be something out there I've not seen before! :thumbup:
Well, talking about BIOS fan speeds i think i'm a bit unlucky here... my BIOS is so old that it can't even adjust them as far as i know. I will try to find something for the GPU fan since i need that the most. Thanks for the help so far!

Well, talking about BIOS fan speeds i think i'm a bit unlucky here... my BIOS is so old that it can't even adjust them as far as i know. I will try to find something for the GPU fan since i need that the most. Thanks for the help so far!
iStat menu may help
you may need to also install:
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO
from VirtualSMC as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back