Contribute
Register

I can not install the OS on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
as per guide, download clover and then install to hard drive, then copy your config.plist, kexts etc over
from the guide:

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" or "AptioMemoryFix.efi" from Drivers64UEFI
- most systems will work without DataHubDxe-64.efi, but some may require it

For Clover legacy, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (we need to change some of the default options)
- "Install for UEFI booting only" will be unchecked
- "Install Clover in the ESP" will be unchecked
- in "Bootloader", check "Install boot0af in MBR" ("Install boot0ss in MBR" for HDD install if dual-boot Windows)
- "CloverEFI" should be checked
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage.

Notes on HDD install:
- you might want "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi", but it would depend on whether native NVRAM works for you (most Skylake hardware has non-functional native NVRAM with OS X/macOS)
- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB
- selecting "Install Clover Preference Pane" is optional
- there are also some "Optional RC Scripts" you might want to read about
- if you're installing Clover legacy, check "Install Clover in the ESP"
And after, I can't find some drivers/kext to use: the audio of my notebook, the touchpad, wi-fi and I've installed the NVIDIA web drivers but the os doesn't recognize my GPU.

And after, I can't find some drivers/kext to use: the audio of my notebook, the touchpad, wi-fi and I've installed the NVIDIA web drivers but the os doesn't recognize my GPU.
probably your graphics is optimus so only your intel will probably only work

trackpad may be I2C:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/voodooi2c-help-and-support.243378/

search for mirone's audio patcher for your audio

your wifi is probably intel so that will need to be replaced with compatible hardware

all these questions can be answered from the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back