Contribute
Register

I AM ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON HACKINTOSHS ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you use a dsdt? what did u select in multi beast? and what else did you do?

i have the same CPU ,Mobo and video card and it works fine you may be doing something wrong

i am done...

well my hackintosh days are over, i have reinstalled the os 6 times now, i have tried so many different things i have checked out what other people have been using and i literally mean nothing has worked on this computer. i will be selling it as a gaming/video editing windows computer and i will be selling my 2009 macbook pro to buy a new 2012 macbook pro non retina, thank you for the support on this site this site has done an amazing job. good bye

Hey man, I am not going to even read the other posts. You have almost an identical build to me.

Make sure you have AHCI set in BIOS.
After you download mountain lion and unibeast create that thing on a NON PNY usb drive. Using a PNY drive would not work for me in the past. Go buy something else

REMOVE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD before booting to unibeast drive.
install mountain lion
reboot off unibeast and boot to hard drive this time. run multibeast if you have never done that before.

shut down
reinstall graphics card

you should be good to go.

Let me know what issues you are running into

Hey man download your DSDT off this website matching you board for options select these things

UserDSDT Install(.aml file must be on desktop)
check system utilities

For audio you want these two only
ALC8XXHDA
APPLEHDA Rollback

for disks you want
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Trim Enabler if you have ssd

In Misc
FaceSMC
FakeSMC Plugins(Motherboard, AMD, HWMonitor ONLY)

Network
Lnx2Macs Realtek....

Check bootloaders

In boot options go to SSDT and then select the best option for you.

You should be good to go

Oh man I'm sorry to hear things haven't gone well for you Ksood.

If i may perhaps just make a few points though that may help , before you decide to throw in the towel.

You seem to have made some classic mistakes along the way. You have gone from an already unstable system under Lion , only to further cloud issues by attempting an upgrade to a brand new ( and not yet 100% vetted OS ) OS Mountain Lion Instal.

The old saying 'fools rush in' springs to mind sadly. I seriously can't believe that you would go the route you have with mission critical data on your system. Quote " and all of the issues i have had after the upgrade it recked my current video project in final cut pro x! i had worked so hard on it!! " Bummer :(

My suggestion would be to go back to a Lion installation and get that 100% stable first before moving to ML as it is very early days. There is a hell of alot of more people with fully stable and compatible builds under Lion than ML at this stage. Thus more chances to get you back up n running smoothly sooner I think. :)

Also people could use a little more info about your issues and system config in order to help you get things sorted.

I'm wondering if you had TRIM enabled for your SSD ( assuming your OS was installed on your SSD ) or not , considering all the crashes you experienced with Lion weeks or days after successful instal?

Also did you update the bios on your Z77 board?? There where several issues with the early bios' on the those boards.

Hope you can sort out your issues. :)
Happy to help where I can though :D

Cheers Kman

I totally agree with everything you stated here. I have this motto which says, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". At this point, I have a very stable SL 10.6.8 install, and I don't plan to migrate to ML any time soon. For the kind of things I want to do, I am very happy with my SL install. You can see my original thread of my build right below. I don't think I will ever build another "Hack". If I have the money, then I will buy an original Mac laptop, but I am not even sure if I will buy one, for I find Apple products overpriced. By the way, I hope the original poster reads this and follows the advice given in the above poster's quotes, for all my comments are mostly meant for the original poster. Good luck!

Ciao!

i selected all of that i did everything else everybody told me it just hasnt worked out well, this happens to some people.

When you receive Kernel Panics, try booting in Verbose mode and note where the boot process hangs/fails. This will give you a point of reference in starting to address your problem/s or better stated indicate where to focus your efforts in resolving the issue/s.

Ksood...have you ever updated your SSD to its newest firmware version...?

This could be the reason why your install goes bad all the time...! The old crappy original firmware ruins the ssds contents...

Just google ssd firmware problems, should you not believe me...this is a typical problem you describe here...

i will check on that also i just realized i did the graphics 6xxx wrong when i installed mountain lion, going to try that in a couple of days as i need a break from all of this stuff

This could be the reason why your install goes bad all the time...! The old crappy original firmware ruins the ssds contents...

Just google ssd firmware problems, should you not believe me...this is a typical problem you describe here...

i will check on that also i just realized i did the graphics 6xxx wrong when i installed mountain lion, going to try that in a couple of days as i need a break from all of this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back