Contribute
Register

I AM ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON HACKINTOSHS ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will check on that also i just realized i did the graphics 6xxx wrong when i installed mountain lion, going to try that in a couple of days as i need a break from all of this stuff
I have the same Mobo at bios F7 with same processor, HD6870 MSI but with standard HDDs. (overclocked at 4.7Ghz).
I am running Win7, Lion, Mountain Lion. All is perfect except the sound (front jack not working, back on orange/black) the well known bug. We can provide help if we understand your problem. Your config is nearly perfect for hackintosh, it should work except if you have a hardware issue or misfunction with overclocking.

yes very true i went with the most compatible parts i did what everybody said to use in multibeast i used a dsdt i used a ssdt i ran all the audio kexts and yet it has forced me to reinstall the os Around 15 times that i have had this hackintosh...... now i will try again in a couple of days as i dont want to give up yet i did say that i will but after that i got a couple more options that intrigued me so i will try the things i said in my earlier post. now my main issues are audio, freezing, crashing, kernel panics, overclocking to 4.2 ghz and using the ssdt from multibeast but still going down to x16, no usb 3 speeds (although i havent tried that since i have gotten mountain lion) sleep not working, front audio ports on computer not working, after running multibeast getting a kernel panic at boot screen. now i run the latest bridge helper latest chimera. latest multibeast and im working on the gpu fix. at the moment my computer is not running at all. whats weird is that i know alot about hackintoshs i did a lot of research before i first did it and yet this happened. my bios is f5 and i am going to check on my firmware on my ssd. check out my first post to see a bit more info. anything else you could recommend to me?

I have the same Mobo at bios F7 with same processor, HD6870 MSI but with standard HDDs. (overclocked at 4.7Ghz).
I am running Win7, Lion, Mountain Lion. All is perfect except the sound (front jack not working, back on orange/black) the well known bug. We can provide help if we understand your problem. Your config is nearly perfect for hackintosh, it should work except if you have a hardware issue or misfunction with overclocking.

I have a friend that had a similar setup that worked/acted flaky.. he has 16GB RAM and one of his 4GB modules was bad, but not detected as bad by the BIOS during POST. Never overclocked or anything. It would work for a while then once it started actually addressing memory on that module get a KP or other lock up/error.

Just for the sake of trying, you can download the 64bit version of memtest86 live cd from Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic burn it to a blank cd, and boot from/run it. I have found this works best with one module installed at a time, that way when/if you find a bad one you will know it. Most of the time you will know within one pass through a module. If all 4 test good, test one good module in each slot by itself. I have also seen bad memory slots before, or sometimes a slot won't work properly if the CPU socket is damaged or not making good contact. (The memory controller is on the CPU). If you have a memory or other hardware issue this would affect any OS.

He also had the SSD that was mentioned by another here and we did the firmware update before anything else. (unfortunately a windows only updater)

Best of luck! hope this helps :)

ok so i got my os running and everything now there are 2 things, should i run bridge helper? as i see at the bridge helper install it says 10.7.4 systems only. now also i did the 6xxx fix and it still comes up as 6xxx and it says that the memory usage of my 6870 is full, any ideas? but everything else it working well!

ok so i tried it a diffrent way it says 6870 instead of 6xxx but it says that my gpu memory is all used in istats, so is this an error or is it still not working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back