Contribute
Register

I AM ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON HACKINTOSHS ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
n/a
CPU
n/a
Graphics
n/a
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
the title says it all so this is my story

z77x-ud5h
16gb ram
120gb ssd
500gb hd
1.5tb hd

i build a hackintosh i dont get my gpu tell a little later on so i use the integrated graphics nothing would work but eventually i got most stuff working, i get my 6870, nothing would appear on the screen i change the integrated graphics settings the 6870 starts working beautifully, then about 2 weeks it starts working very stable then i start to get kernel panics often so i reinstall the os, then everything starts to work fine, then about 2 weeks later again same thing starts to happen, then after a while my computer starts to freeze crash kernel panics AGAIN and this is in july now i think my god.... then mountain lion comes i get excited i hope that it resolves my issues the install goes smoothly everything works great but i realize the app store gets that weird error thing, so i did the fix that i am suppose to do IT DIDNT WORK! then my computer gets a kernel panic i restart freezes things start to crash and then another kernel panic and all of the issues i have had after the upgrade it recked my current video project in final cut pro x! i had worked so hard on it!! i am about to give up on hackintoshs unless i can find a fix to all these problems please tony help me i need help i know quite alot about computers and hackintoshs and i cant believe this is all happening. and after the upgrade it says my gpu is a 6XXX in the profiler and it says in istats that my gpu usage is full even if i dont have anything open.

i never was able to get audio working and same with overclocking even though i used the ssdt

so please help i am so close to selling my hackintosh and 2009 macbook pro to buy a new macbook pro so please help....

There's nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. If you have mission critical work (FCPX) and an unstable system-- don't risk it!

A hackintosh can be a great thing. But it's not for everyone.

On the attempting to help with your build front-- you haven't provided enough information for anyone to tease out your problems. It seems things are a mess.

My only advice (aside from seriously considering whether going away from Hackintosh is best for you) is to find a guide from someone who has your exact setup wrt CPU, GPU, and MOBO. Follow that guide EXACTLY.

I don't know if you calm down a bit... :)
You might add a bit more information about your config.

(and also a bit more space in your writing... like this, in a single big block, it's not easy to read.)

If you computer is critical for your work, you should run on something stable.
If you like to try on a hackintosh, I hope you had a mac before, and I would think you tried for many weeks on the hackintosh before moving your critical projects.

Honestly, I don't know if jumping to Mountain Lion is going to solve the issues. It's just new.

Did you have a topic, when you were setting up your build?
It is usually what users are doing, to ask help, along the building.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear things haven't gone well for you Ksood.

If i may perhaps just make a few points though that may help , before you decide to throw in the towel.

You seem to have made some classic mistakes along the way. You have gone from an already unstable system under Lion , only to further cloud issues by attempting an upgrade to a brand new ( and not yet 100% vetted OS ) OS Mountain Lion Instal.

The old saying 'fools rush in' springs to mind sadly. I seriously can't believe that you would go the route you have with mission critical data on your system. Quote " and all of the issues i have had after the upgrade it recked my current video project in final cut pro x! i had worked so hard on it!! " Bummer :(

My suggestion would be to go back to a Lion installation and get that 100% stable first before moving to ML as it is very early days. There is a hell of alot of more people with fully stable and compatible builds under Lion than ML at this stage. Thus more chances to get you back up n running smoothly sooner I think. :)

Also people could use a little more info about your issues and system config in order to help you get things sorted.

I'm wondering if you had TRIM enabled for your SSD ( assuming your OS was installed on your SSD ) or not , considering all the crashes you experienced with Lion weeks or days after successful instal?

Also did you update the bios on your Z77 board?? There where several issues with the early bios' on the those boards.

Hope you can sort out your issues. :)
Happy to help where I can though :D

Cheers Kman

Hi pal
i had some problem also but u miss a lot of important information. U have also win7 running or not?
i suggest u to install Win 7 on a separate hd then run AIDA64. u'll get critical information about your HW thay u'll need to fine setup the hackintosh. (tipe of Usb, monitoring hw, sensors, type of Ethernet etc)
i used this metod on my Dell to have it working fine.
probably ML will have native support for more hw, like graphics, that may help.
i guess your sistem maybe instable, do u play game or use intensive graphic?
in my system the GPU heats a lot if i play games, and i cant manually setup the fan speed.
use Hwmonitor to take a look at CPU, GPU, temps, frequency etc., this could help also.

dont give up pal!
:p

thanks for the replys,

Hi everybody thanks for your answers, first of all i would like to apologize for my grammar and punctuation, next i am sorry for being so angry i wrote that in the middle of the night and was very tired and angry. Now what i have decided to do is a clean install of ML, i did find that gpu 6xxx fix so i will try that i will take my time and update this thread during the process.

Also did you update the bios on your Z77 board?? There where several issues with the early bios' on the those boards.
Cheers Kman

Yes definately make sure that your running F8 as your BIOS. When my UD5H arrived it was extremely unstable so i updated to F5 at the time and changed some power settings and its been running stable ever since.

it works

i have the same CPU ,Mobo and video card and it works fine you may be doing something wrong

i am running the f5 bios i think this time i wont use a dsdt

what did you select in multi beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back