Contribute
Register

HP ZBOOK G5 17

Try changing system sounds to speaker

If in the sound effects panel, the output is speakers and not default, Then I don't know what it could be

Ok try this, get acpibatterymanager from rehabman's github and put it in your efi kexts folder and modify the config.plist so it uses that one instead of smcbatterymanager.
Reboot.
If done right, It will work, but it will also reset smc caches.
Then you can revert back to the smcbattery manager after another reboot.
See if it changed things.

All the needed kexts/dsdt/configs for this particular machine are in one of my previous posts. The Probook config/files will most likely just mess things up.
The acpibatterymanager option (longshot) is only to reset the battery smc cache temporarily to see if it will fix/change the chime output to speakers.
Performing this change removed an incorrect "Service Battery" message I had in the past, and that's the reason I suggest it.

I don't think it will make a difference, it was a long shot at best.
Are you using my latest efi? And latest bios from HP?
HP added the BIX method in the latest bios update and I reworked my ssdt and the config patches. To make sure you're using the latest, the patch for BTIX to XTIX should be 8 bytes long. The previous patch changed all instances of BTIX and created a problem for extended information, so you would get the charge cycle count estimate, instead of the real one.
Without this acpi error, battery chime seems more consistent in my rig, so it could also be related.
Other than that, I have no idea, sorry.

Hey there
Where do I put the Battery ACPI path (PNP0C0A) in SSDT-BATS (Battery Information SSDT)?
I have found my (PNPOCOA) path (battery) but I don't know where to replace it. It just says match your battery device (PNP0C0A).Image attached for reference.
170ou6izy1371.png

Yeah, but do you know where to put my battery acpi path in this SSDT. I actually found this SSDT in VirtualSMC docs. Everything works but I want to try out this SSDT. If you know where to put it it would be great.

Just trying to understand why you would, almost everything that ssdt would show is already in the current battery patch. We have native _BIX method.

I doubt you can just use that ssdt (even if you point it at the right acpi path) if the battery/ec doesn't show/have the information in the right format/place.

Back