Contribute
Register

HP ZBOOK G5 17

It's possible you need to retrain the battery, (discharge/charge) and/or reset EC (hold power button for 30 seconds)
And there's also a battery firmware update on HP website. Maybe the firmware needs to be flashed for BIX to work.

Tried resetting EC. No effect. As for the firmware update, I already installed it.

Post your boot logs that show the battery error

With your config.plist there is no battery error in verbose mode. However, the cycle count and remains estimate issues still remain. It also shows the wrong battery percentage. Also my fan seems to be unsupported by SMCSuperIO.

With your config.plist there is no battery error in verbose mode. However, the cycle count and remains estimate issues still remain. It also shows the wrong battery percentage.
like I wrote before, you may need to do a full discharge-charge cycle to retrain the battery/os.
Also my fan seems to be unsupported by SMCSuperIO.
That is very odd, what software are you using to see/test the fans?

That is very odd, what software are you using to see/test the fans?
I used iStatMenus,Stats,eul,HWmonitor. Pretty much all of them. CPU temperature is reporting correctly in all the software.

Are you using a Zbook G5 17inch?
The Embedded controller registers for the fans didn't change, so if they don't work it may be because there's something wrong with your EC. (Reset bios to factory default)
Or you're using a different model. (15inch)

I have a Zbook G5 17 inch. Fan's are not detected.

If your EC (embedded controller) is acting up, it would explain both the battery and fan issues.
I suggest you check in windows https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc
See if you can see/control the fans.

Other than that, I have no idea why your machine is not working.

You can also try to update your bios to any version under 1.12

I have a Zbook G5 17 inch. Fan's are not detected.
What OS version are you using?
Can you post your EFI (remove serial numbers)
Update your user profile in this forum to show your details

Back