Motherboard
Lenovo V330-15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had this happen since 10.8.4 up to 10.9.1, 10.9.2 seems to have fixed it (as the wake problem was reported by many people with both Macbooks/iMacs and hackintoshes). I haven't had any wake freeze since upgrading to 10.9.2.

My experience: no sleep/wake problem at all with chameleon.
From 10.9.2, I started to use clover. The guide indicate to select the sleep fix in the PBI, but I'm using my laptop without it with no problems (till now).

BTW, Clover seems to be quite mature to be included in the PBI, don't you think?

Thanks!

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
Intel Core i3 2330m
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(...)UPDATE. SLEEP/WAKE ISSUE WITH DEVICES ATTACHED.
Did some quick tests, and found that if there are no devices attached such as usb, or mounted virtual disks/volumes, sleep wake works fine.

it freezes if any device is mounted - usb, virtual disks/network drives etc.

So before sleep, remove disconnect eject all devices. wonder if it happens on real macs too.

Actually, I have my USB mouse & external monitor (via VGA) connected all the time and it doesn't make any difference here. I had issues with wake on 10.8.4, 10.8.5, 10.9.0 and 10.9.1, no matter what bootloader I used (Chameleon and Clover) or whether I had any devices connected or not. I guess the key to that lies somewhere else... I linked in this thread few pages before (it's here: #751) several links with apple community pages about this very issue happening on real macs. Apparently, the latest OSX update fixed it for most people, although there are still some left dealing with it...

My experience: no sleep/wake problem at all with chameleon.
From 10.9.2, I started to use clover. The guide indicate to select the sleep fix in the PBI, but I'm using my laptop without it with no problems (till now).

BTW, Clover seems to be quite mature to be included in the PBI, don't you think?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, "sleep fix" option in the PBI is actually just executing "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" which basically makes it suspend the OS to RAM only (and thus making it faster for the laptop to sleep, since writing to RAM is quicker than writing to disk). I've been using it since always.

Regarding Clover: if I remember correctly Philip said somewhere here that Clover is being considered as the replacement for Chameleon in PBI and if you ask me... I'm all for it. Though it would require few changes in the guide...

Motherboard
Lenovo V330-15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Actually, I have my USB mouse & external monitor (via VGA) connected all the time and it doesn't make any difference here. I had issues with wake on 10.8.4, 10.8.5, 10.9.0 and 10.9.1, no matter what bootloader I used (Chameleon and Clover) or whether I had any devices connected or not. I guess the key to that lies somewhere else... I linked in this thread few pages before (it's here: #751) several links with apple community pages about this very issue happening on real macs. Apparently, the latest OSX update fixed it for most people, although there are still some left dealing with it...

If I remember correctly, "sleep fix" option in the PBI is actually just executing "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" which basically makes it suspend the OS to RAM only (and thus making it faster for the laptop to sleep, since writing to RAM is quicker than writing to disk). I've been using it since always.

Regarding Clover: if I remember correctly Philip said somewhere here that Clover is being considered as the replacement for Chameleon in PBI and if you ask me... I'm all for it. Though it would require few changes in the guide...

I'm not using the sleep fix with clover and everything works fine and I must say that the going to sleep time is shortest than chameleon (with the sleep fix it will be almost instantaneous?). Which are the benefits to use/not use the sleep fix?
BTW, I will report my experience in the clover thread too.

Thanks!

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

That's right, but right now I still wonder what to do: to add Clover to the current ProBook Installer or to make a new one that will be Clover-only based, what do you think about it, guys?

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
Intel Core i5 3320M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's right, but right now I still wonder what to do: to add Clover to the current ProBook Installer or to make a new one that will be Clover-only based, what do you think about it, guys?

I think you should make a Clover-only based first for testing. If everything is all right, you can merge both to one.

Motherboard
Lenovo V330-15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

philip, you can make a clover-only based one.
"For now", who want/need to use chameleon, can use a previous version of the PBI.

BTW, Clover seems to be the future..

Thanks!

Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel
philip, you can make a clover-only based one.
"For now", who want/need to use chameleon, can use a previous version of the PBI.

BTW, Clover seems to be the future..

Thanks!

hope future clover is as easy and straightforward as current chameleon pbi method, it has evolved quite a lot since the early days pre pbi, which looks like the current clover method is at the moment.

Motherboard
Pro Book 4740s
CPU
I5
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

PBI with chameleon is pretty decent and stable

It is best to make a new one with clover from 1.0 version and paralelly to develop it and make it better

If users do not thik is better they can only revert to the latest PBI

And the guide would be completely different on Clover....

10x for keeping the comunity alive u rule! ! !