Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Can I please ask if the new versions of these can be put in the Dowloads section?... Sorry if thats a noob question.

They can't. The ProBook Installer is not an "official" tmx tool.

Is there a working version of "local time toggle" for dualboot Maverics + Win 8.1?
My Windows clock always goes one hour ahead.

Also - Very big thanks for all you guys working on probook installer! Your job is very professional and user friendly. It´s fascinating that installation with probook installer is easier and quicker than eg. installing official windows drivers. Great job!

Respected,

First of all I would like to thank you for the excellent support and extreme Hackintosh knowledge without I would not have made 100% running 4740s. I just need a bit more help to get rid of these annoying issues after upgrading to Mavericks:

1. Although I have the latest Pages and iPhoto version it still gives me UPDATE in the app store Updates sections without the options now to be able to hide the updates. I've read some posts and it is stated that this is a Chimera boot loader issue and it would be probably fixed with a new release. Also there is a workaround with an alternate boot loader to fix this issue. Is has something to do with the serial of the Apple ID. A good idea is if the latest chimera has this fixed to be included in the new beta build

2. Apple Mail crashes all the time, I know it is buggy and Apple is working on it but i like to have it regarding the good integration with Calendar. I've tried several fixes like mail preference delete, color quoted commands....

Thanks for the excellent work I appreciate the positive vibrations :)

Live long and prosper

+1. The problem is in Windows, not in OS X.

Technically, it is not really a "problem in Windows." In the PC world, BIOS time *is* local time. That is the spec. Windows is doing it correctly. OS X operates on the assumption that it is UTC, which is valid for Apple computers but not PCs.

It is nice that Microsoft provides a way to interpret the BIOS time as UTC even though it is quite buggy in Win7 (for example, it throws off the Task Scheduler wrt to tasks that request wake from sleep). It is better in Win8+.

You could argue that BIOS time should have been spec'd as UTC, but then again, you probably weren't around/were not part of the team when the PC was designed (in the 80's at IBM) so really what can you say now? I do wonder if this has changed in when you pair a recent UEFI BIOS with UEFI install of Win8?

Technically, it is not really a "problem in Windows." In the PC world, BIOS time *is* local time. That is the spec. Windows is doing it correctly. OS X operates on the assumption that it is UTC, which is valid for Apple computers but not PCs.

It is nice that Microsoft provides a way to interpret the BIOS time as UTC even though it is quite buggy in Win7 (for example, it throws off the Task Scheduler wrt to tasks that request wake from sleep). It is better in Win8+.

You could argue that BIOS time should have been spec'd as UTC, but then again, you probably weren't around/were not part of the team when the PC was designed (in the 80's at IBM) so really what can you say now? I do wonder if this has changed in when you pair a recent UEFI BIOS with UEFI install of Win8?

No, I have no intention to argue, but in fact UTC was used in the first Unixes as far as I know and they are from that period and even older (late 60s - early 70s). And since Linux uses UTC as well (regardless it's significantly newer), that makes Windows the only OS, out of the "right way" (of course, I'm talking about Windows 7 and all versions before it, including DOS).

No, I have no intention to argue, but in fact UTC was used in the first Unixes as far as I know and they are from that period and even older (late 60s - early 70s).

Yes, but Unix was not primarily running in PCs. PCs and Windows behavior owe their behavior to the early systems that ran on the platform: DOS and CP/M.

And since Linux uses UTC as well (regardless it's significantly newer),

Actually, Linux (Ubuntu) assumes BIOS time is local time by default.

that makes Windows the only OS, out of the "right way" (of course, I'm talking about Windows 7 and all versions before it, including DOS).

The "right way" is per-PC spec (which is local). We can all desire the world to work a certain way, but that doesn't mean it is possible. The fact is PC BIOS time is local time -- it has been that way for 30+ years -- obviously you cannot fault Microsoft for not trying to change at this point, it simply isn't possible, given the size/scope of the PC industry. We should just be thankful that Windows/Linux allow us to change the configuration to suit the OS X way. This is where practicality and pragmatism outweigh ideals and revisionist history.

Back