Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Hi.

Could anyone please help me?

I have changed my i5-2450m to an i5-3360m, the latter is the HD4000 on-board graphics.

When I now try to boot in to my existing Hackintosh installation, I get the spinning wheel and the grey screen with the Apple logo, but cannot get any further.

This is obviously due to the change from HD3000.

Can anyone please advise what boot arguments I should use to get back to the login screen, so I can re-run PBI?

(I have tried but it took me to safe mode, which would have been fine except the built-in trackpad did not work and I could not enter my password.)

I don't know where my installer stick is, hence the request.

Fingers crossed.

Hi.

Could anyone please help me?

I have changed my i5-2450m to an i5-3360m, the latter is the HD4000 on-board graphics.

When I now try to boot in to my existing Hackintosh installation, I get the spinning wheel and the grey screen with the Apple logo, but cannot get any further.

This is obviously due to the change from HD3000.

Can anyone please advise what boot arguments I should use to get back to the login screen, so I can re-run PBI?

(I have tried but it took me to safe mode, which would have been fine except the built-in trackpad did not work and I could not enter my password.)

I don't know where my installer stick is, hence the request.

Fingers crossed.

Try:

"DSDT=null -x IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No"

You need to re-patch your DSDT (and regen SSDT), so you need to boot without DSDT anyway

Try:

"DSDT=null -x IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No"

You need to re-patch your DSDT (and regen SSDT), so you need to boot without DSDT anyway

Hi, RehabMan, I was hoping you'd reply as I know you know your stuff. Unfortunately, I still get the spinning circle below the apple. Have you any further suggestions (before I have to recreate an installer stick, which will be difficult without the mac!), please?

Hi, RehabMan, I was hoping you'd reply as I know you know your stuff. Unfortunately, I still get the spinning circle below the apple. Have you any further suggestions (before I have to recreate an installer stick, which will be difficult without the mac!), please?

Add "-v" to get diagnostics. FYI: It is better to redo SSDT/DSDT/kexts prior to updating the CPU.

You could also try booting using your Unibeast USB...

Add "-v" to get diagnostics. FYI: It is better to redo SSDT/DSDT/kexts prior to updating the CPU.

You could also try booting using your Unibeast USB...

Thanks! Your original suggestion worked after an EC reset.

Why Hwmonitor shows multiplayer minimum x11 1.09ghz? If you boot without a DSDT x8 792ghz and colder. The problem is DSDT? AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [11 15 19 23]

Regarding the kext injector, I've just updated it, test it and let us know if it works for you.
OK, I have now installed the wifi/BT card (BCM4352/AWE-CE123H) card, I have tried the PBI with the Broadcom 4322x patch, and separately (or afterwards) added (with cmod/chown/reboot) the ProBookARPT.kext to S/L/E and.... nothing has happened. (In other words, the card is not shown under System Preferences, Network).

Is there anything I should be doing (as I though the process had been automated by the PBI or at least the kext addition.

Any help would be gratefully received.

OK, I have now installed the wifi/BT card (BCM4352/AWE-CE123H) card, I have tried the PBI with the Broadcom 4322x patch, and separately (or afterwards) added (with cmod/chown/reboot) the ProBookARPT.kext to S/L/E and.... nothing has happened. (In other words, the card is not shown under System Preferences, Network).

Is there anything I should be doing (as I though the process had been automated by the PBI or at least the kext addition.

Does your card show in DPCIManager PCI List?

And your ProBook is...?!?
Guys, when will you learn to edit your signatures? Obviously we don't have crystal balls or tarot cards here.

Does your card show in DPCIManager PCI List?

+1

And your ProBook is...?!?
Guys, when will you learn to edit your signatures? Obviously we don't have crystal balls or tarot cards here.

+1

Sorry, I should have edited my signature (it now is). It represented a build for which I have the parts but never got round to completing.

My Probook is a 4540s, without any mods other than more memory and BCM4352 (which I mistyped in my last entry).

I have used the DPCIManager, and it shows:

Vendor 14E4
Device 43B1
Sub Ven 1A3B
Sub Dev 2123
Vendor Name Broadcom Corporation
Device Name BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

I have now deleted the ProBookARPT kext and instead used the BCM4352 kext.

I have not as yet done the manual DSDT edit as it seems far too involved.

However, I did previously use the BCM4322x patch (note the naming, which is correctly typed, which of course differs from the BCM4352, but I think the idea was for this to automate the DSDT edit in a general way, including that needed for the BCM4352) within PBI (latest version).

Back