Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Another thing. Will this tool work with probook 4740s with 1600*900 display? I´m planning to upgrade but I have seen no option for this resolution

Another thing. Will this tool work with probook 4740s with 1600*900 display? I´m planning to upgrade but I have seen no option for this resolution

I think if you read the descriptions of the options within the ProBook Installer (there is a text window that changes depending on which option you have selected), you'll discover that it does.

I am on 100% working 4740s, just select hi-res display in the pro book installer

Except the mail crushing and the updates always showing and some graphics problems on certain web pages for example www.livescore.com black is flickering and occasional sleep problems everything works perfect

2 suggestions:
- I am attaching you the fixed keyboard layout for Slovenian/Croatian keyboard (QWERTZ & stuff like that).
- Looking at the sources I noticed (correct me if I am wrong) that you are using the same (old 10.8) "fbivy" patch for 10.8 & 10.9, I would suggest to separate the 2 if possible; since 10.9 VRAM is allocated dynamically and with the old patch we are limiting it to 512MB (Apple limits it at 1GB in 10.9) or maybe worse breaking (bugging) the dynamic management (this last part is just theoretical since is a bit hard to prove).

Attachments

• CRO:SLO fixed lyout.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 50
2 suggestions:
- I am attaching you the fixed keyboard layout for Slovenian/Croatian keyboard (QWERTZ & stuff like that).

Ok, consider it added.

- Looking at the sources I noticed (correct me if I am wrong) that you are using the same (old 10.8) "fbivy" patch for 10.8 & 10.9, I would suggest to separate the 2 if possible; since 10.9 VRAM is allocated dynamically and with the old patch we are limiting it to 512MB (Apple limits it at 1GB in 10.9) or maybe worse breaking (bugging) the dynamic management (this last part is just theoretical since is a bit hard to prove).

Ok, so, what do you propose, to remove it from all Mavericks options or replace it with another one (Mavericks specific)?

Ok, so, what do you propose, to remove it from all Mavericks options or replace it with another one (Mavericks specific)?
Thx.
Ideally we should have 2, one for 10.8 and one for 10.9. By doing so we leave as much as possible as Apple intended.

BTW: the script for 10.9 can be found here.

probook 4x30s and bcm94352 (80211.ac) wifi card.
- Anyone got this working in their 4x30s probook?

I just read the change log and saw
BCM94352 HMB - 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 2 stream, 867 Mbs + BT (4.0)

probook 4x30s and bcm94352 (80211.ac) wifi card.
- Anyone got this working in their 4x30s probook?

I just read the change log and saw

You'll run into whitelist problems on the 4530s. Of course, you can use the alternate Fanreset.dylib, but it is less than optimal. This is more for ProBooks without whitelist.

Back