Sparkle GeForce GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I see quite a few posts expressing that the HP ProBook 4540s is one of the most "cooperative" laptops to install Mavericks on. Most of the posts I'm finding though are from last year. Does the same still hold true for the newer generations of the ProBook?

Also, I see variations of the 4540s available with different processors and graphics. For example one had and i3 with Intel HD graphics 4000, while another had an i5 with Radeon HD 7650M.

So, my question I guess would be related to graphics. Which type of graphics would provide better compatability, Intel HD or the Radeon (or the like)?

Secondary question, is the WiFi card in these ProBooks still something that would likely have to be replaced to work, or do some of the ProBooks come with compatible WiFi chips?

Thanks!

Hi,
I see quite a few posts expressing that the HP ProBook 4540s is one of the most "cooperative" laptops to install Mavericks on. Most of the posts I'm finding though are from last year. Does the same still hold true for the newer generations of the ProBook?

Also, I see variations of the 4540s available with different processors and graphics. For example one had and i3 with Intel HD graphics 4000, while another had an i5 with Radeon HD 7650M.

So, my question I guess would be related to graphics. Which type of graphics would provide better compatability, Intel HD or the Radeon (or the like)?

Secondary question, is the WiFi card in these ProBooks still something that would likely have to be replaced to work, or do some of the ProBooks come with compatible WiFi chips?

Thanks!

If the ProBook 4x40s has Radeon it cannot be used (Intel HD4000/HD3000 only).

It is almost 100% chance you'll have to replace the WiFi card. AFAIK, they all come with incompatible cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back