Contribute
Register

HP Folio 9470m P-State Stepper Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I boot up, I get essentially where I was before...However, this time within System Report, I can see an Intel HD Audio (Audio ID 12) and then items for Line Out, Headphone, External Mic, Speaker, and HDMI/DisplayPort.

I'm curious about the P-State Stepper Error when using Ivy smbios. Is AppleACPIPlatform.kext in S/L/E is 1.35 or 2.0 version?

I'm curious about the P-State Stepper Error when using Ivy smbios. Is AppleACPIPlatform.kext in S/L/E is 1.35 or 2.0 version?

Right now, mine says 2.0...This, of course, is running with the non-IVY smbios.

As far as Audio...I had some success...Found an updated Kext in another thread and it worked...unfortunately, found another problem with wifi...had to do with the buttons...working on that now.

Steven

Before you ran the ProBook Installer, did you restore AppleHDA.kext to vanilla? It is a requirement.

I did not...that may have been an issue....The Magic is that I found your earlier post in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...book-installer-but-no-audio-2.html#post679184

I was able to grab your updated AppleHDA.kext and used Kext Wizard to insert it...a reboot and sound is there with plenty of volume...Internal Speakers work and the headphone jack works as expected...THANK YOU!!

I also found an issue with WiFi...had to do with the buttons...I found another reference where the two items in BIOS:BIOS->System Configuration->Built-In Device Options:
Wireless Button State = Un-check
LAN/WLAN Switching = Un-check

After doing this and resetting everything (battery pull, etc), I am now fully up and running.

The ONLY thing that isn't complete is that I purchased the wrong WiFi replacement card. I just got the Broadcom BCM94322HM8L...Although it works great, it doesn't have Bluetooth...I have just placed an order for Broadcom Bcm943225hmb. From what I can tell, this is also supported on the EliteBook and should already be configured with my set up (based on ProBook Installer).

In the meantime, I will just use a little USB Bluetooth Dongle so that my Apple TrackPad and Apple Magic Mouse can be used.

I am very appreciative for the help on this forum...This has been my first attempt at getting a laptop onto Mavericks (or any other OSX)...I have had a desktop running on SL,ML, and now Mavericks for a few years as my primary home computer. Now, I get that in a Laptop device...Sweet!

Thanks all...

Steven

I did not...that may have been an issue....The Magic is that I found your earlier post in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...book-installer-but-no-audio-2.html#post679184

I was able to grab your updated AppleHDA.kext and used Kext Wizard to insert it...a reboot and sound is there with plenty of volume...Internal Speakers work and the headphone jack works as expected...THANK YOU!!

That gives you a rolled-back AppleHDA (eg. older AppleHDA than your OS X would normally come with... probably 10.8.5). I like to run with the AppleHDA that matches the version. Just restore AppleHDA to vanilla and run the ProBook Installer and it will patch it for you.

Anything that I should be considering here? I am curious about whether I am taking full advantage of my CPU or if by using 8,1 I am somehow limiting things.

Again, appreciate all of the support here...

Steven

Anything that I should be considering here? I am curious about whether I am taking full advantage of my CPU or if by using 8,1 I am somehow limiting things.

Again, appreciate all of the support here...

Steven

See here for power management information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

If your SSDT injects plugin-type=1, you do not want to use MBP8,1 because there is no plist for that board-id in X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources. This leads to an incomplete/non-working speedstep.

See here for power management information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

If your SSDT injects plugin-type=1, you do not want to use MBP8,1 because there is no plist for that board-id in X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources. This leads to an incomplete/non-working speedstep.

A few items...Yes, it appears that there is a statement in the SSDT that has Plugin-type equal one...it is 3/4 way into the file and looks to be part of a conditional statement...Not sure if this really means it is being used or not.

I just tried a fresh install using the information in the Power Management post. Everything other than MBP8,1 generates a p-State error at Boot. I have tried MBP9,x and also MBA5,2...these generate the errors @ boot.

Would love to get this last item on the checklist solved...guessing it will dramatically affect battery life...

Steven

A few items...Yes, it appears that there is a statement in the SSDT that has Plugin-type equal one...it is 3/4 way into the file and looks to be part of a conditional statement...Not sure if this really means it is being used or not.

It is not conditional and it is being used. With that SSDT, you must use an Ivy smbios.

I just tried a fresh install using the information in the Power Management post. Everything other than MBP8,1 generates a p-State error at Boot. I have tried MBP9,x and also MBA5,2...these generate the errors @ boot.

What CPU? Are you using DropSSDT=Y?

It is not conditional and it is being used. With that SSDT, you must use an Ivy smbios.

What CPU? Are you using DropSSDT=Y?

CPU is i5-3427U @ 1.8
Yes on Drop SSDT...going to start another fresh install.

The SSDT was generated via Probook Installer per your guidance (via Power Mgmt Thread).

What I did:
- Fresh Install
- MultiBeast with DSDT-Free (since I don't have a starting DSDT definition file)
- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement via MultiBeast
- System Def = MBP8,1
- Boot from Hard Disk
- Probook Installer: SSDT + 4x0s settings....
- Chameleon Wizard to set MBA5,2 + CStates=No, PStates=No, DropSSDT

Reboot = P-State Stepper Error
Only way to get past this is to reset SysDef to MBP8,1

Question...Which BootLoader is best for this situation? I used Chimera 2.2.1...I seemed to have better luck...Should I try/use something else?

Appreciate the continued help here.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back