Contribute
Register

HP Folio 9470m P-State Stepper Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Method #1 is not valid. With plugin-type=0, should use Sandy SMBIOS, not Ivy... Ivy SMBIOS must use plugin-type=1.

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprising. See above.

He was using plugintype-1 with SMBIOS 9,2 and have P-State Stepper Error.

- My preference would be a way to include it within CloverConfigurator. That way, future uses don't clear out this flag.

See "Custom Entry" in my guide, there is an option for argument per entry. Create an entry for your OSX and add "-xcpm" there.

He was using plugintype-1 with SMBIOS 9,2 and have P-State Stepper Error.

Yes, but all that means is something is wrong with the SSDT setup.

If you're going to use plugin-type=0 (or no plugin-type), you must use a Sandy smbios.

See "Custom Entry" in my guide, there is an option for argument per entry. Create an entry for your OSX and add "-xcpm" there.

I hate to ask more, but I can't seem to figure out how to add in -xcpm as a Custom Entry within Clover Configurator. I believe it I need to be adding it in as a subentry so that it goes under the main Boot item. No matter what I try to add in to the custom area, it doesn't seem to generate an entry within the Config.plist or somehow manage to get into the boot arguments when I reboot.

So far, I am just editing the config.plist file to manually put in a Boot Argument of -xcpm.

Any chance I could get a bit more instruction on how to add this in as a Custom Entry? I have reviewed the forum, the wiki, and the original guide...I must be missing something very basic.

Thanks,
Steven

I hate to ask more, but I can't seem to figure out how to add in -xcpm as a Custom Entry within Clover Configurator. I believe it I need to be adding it in as a subentry so that it goes under the main Boot item. No matter what I try to add in to the custom area, it doesn't seem to generate an entry within the Config.plist or somehow manage to get into the boot arguments when I reboot.

So far, I am just editing the config.plist file to manually put in a Boot Argument of -xcpm.

Any chance I could get a bit more instruction on how to add this in as a Custom Entry? I have reviewed the forum, the wiki, and the original guide...I must be missing something very basic.

Thanks,
Steven

No need to add it as subentry, read the "Custom Entry" here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

You can see in the picture, there is column name "Arguments". Add -xcpm there.

No need to add it as subentry, read the "Custom Entry" here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

You can see in the picture, there is column name "Arguments". Add -xcpm there.

OK...Got it...Was able to get the entry set up...Key for me was to get the Volume value from Clover Boot Log and then make an entry with that is Volume and Argument as -xcpm

I believe I am good to go...Going to make sure that I have a solid recovery plan in place...just in case.

Steven

Can you helpme with my 9470m i7? how to configure my BIOS? Regards

Can you helpme with my 9470m i7? how to configure my BIOS? Regards

Are there specific option settings you would like me to share?

Steven

Hi! I've a HP9470m but I need to replace the wifi card .. I read about a whitelist for wifi? Can you suggest me a wifi card natively working in osx (better 10.10) for my HP elitebook 9470m?
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back