Contribute
Register

HP Folio 9470m P-State Stepper Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Winapenny,

Audio
- For audio you will first need to binary patch your vanilla applehda.kext. Use apple-hda script to do so.
- Adjust also Platform.xml.zlib and Layout12.xml according to your pin config.
- Adjust info.plist in the plugin AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
- Overal this thread here helped me out for my IDT 92HD91BXX ("http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283754-patched-applehdakext-for-codecs-idt-92hd81b1x5-92hd91bxx-92hd87b13-92hd87b24-92hd87xx-etc/"

/R

Releo,
Any chance you would be willing to share the appleHDA.kext you built for the 9470M? I am attempting to get audio working correctly on mine and your post above provides good info...Just hoping that you would be willing to share before I start diving into this too deeply. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Steven

Releo,
Any chance you would be willing to share the appleHDA.kext you built for the 9470M? I am attempting to get audio working correctly on mine and your post above provides good info...Just hoping that you would be willing to share before I start diving into this too deeply. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Steven

Use HP Probook Installer with HP Probook 4x0s option, it also uses IDT 76e0.

Use HP Probook Installer with HP Probook 4x0s option, it also uses IDT 76e0.

Appreciate the quick response...According to HP Quickspecs, the 9470 uses IDT 92HD87 High Definition CODEC

Any other pointers??

Thanks,
Steven

Appreciate the quick response...According to HP Quickspecs, the 9470 uses IDT 92HD87 High Definition CODEC

Any other pointers??

Thanks,
Steven

Since the platforms.xml and layout12.xml are already provided on the insanely post, there isn't much to do. You could automate it by looking closely at the scripts used in the ProBook Installer.

Or use this snippet for clues:
Code:
# patch AppleHDA.kext for ProBook 470s (4x0s) (IDT 92HD91BXX)
codec=4x0s
echo
echo !!! Patching AppleHDA $codec !!!
mkdir ./patched/$codec
cp -R $unpatched/AppleHDA.kext ./patched/$codec
cd patch-hda.3.0
perl ./patch-hda.pl -v 'IDT 76e0' -s ../patched/$codec
cd ..
rm ./patched/$codec/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout*
cp ./Resources/$codec/layout/*.zlib ./patched/$codec/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
plist=./patched/$codec/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Delete ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:HDAConfigDefault'" $plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Delete ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:PostConstructionInitialization'" $plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Merge ./Resources/$codec/ahhcd.plist ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource'" $plist

Any other pointers??

Thanks,
Steven

See nguyenmac's post above.

Verify in Linux. There is no reason to guess or to trust anything you read about your machine on the internet.

OK....Verified.
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: 92HD91BXX Analog [92HD91BXX Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
-------------------------------------------------

Now, I have to go back to the original item and attempt to get this set up on my 9470M. I believe that I just need to get the right appleHDA Kext set up and replace my current version.

Since I have already messed up my installation a couple of times (although, I am back up)...I am in process of making a fresh bootable USB drive image so that I can play around on that one versus the installation on my internal SSD.

Not sure I understand enough yet to be able to recreate this appleHDA kext, will try to learn.

However, if anyone has any additional pointers, I am all ears. Now that my new wifi card just showed up, Audio is the only thing that isn't really working.

Thanks for the help so far.

Steven

OK....Verified.
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: 92HD91BXX Analog [92HD91BXX Analog]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
-------------------------------------------------

Now, I have to go back to the original item and attempt to get this set up on my 9470M. I believe that I just need to get the right appleHDA Kext set up and replace my current version.

Since I have already messed up my installation a couple of times (although, I am back up)...I am in process of making a fresh bootable USB drive image so that I can play around on that one versus the installation on my internal SSD.

Not sure I understand enough yet to be able to recreate this appleHDA kext, will try to learn.

However, if anyone has any additional pointers, I am all ears. Now that my new wifi card just showed up, Audio is the only thing that isn't really working.

Thanks for the help so far.

Steven

Same as ProBook 4x0s series. You can use the ProBook Installer as nguyenmac first said.

There are different flavors of this codec (for example ProBook version and Envy version...), but I think it is likely yours matches the ProBook flavor.

Note: You need a correctly patched DSDT to enable patched AppleHDA.

I went through the process of deleting my DSDT file (then rebooting) so that I could start Probook Installer as New installation. I checked 4x0s G0 support within OSX Support Kexts, within DXDT, I chose the one with 4x0 Ivy (i confirmed that I have an i5-3427U CPU). Checked SSDT generator, and used MacProBook 8,1 (I found that 9,2 even though was i5 Ivy, would failed on p-State Stepper).

When I boot up, I get essentially where I was before...However, this time within System Report, I can see an Intel HD Audio (Audio ID 12) and then items for Line Out, Headphone, External Mic, Speaker, and HDMI/DisplayPort.

Within "Sound" on System Prefs, it shows "No Output devices found".

Still No Sound

Going to look deeper at some of the other ProBooks to see if anything matches up...guessing no. Based on the earlier post from Releo, it appears that effort has been done...Would be great if I could get the pertinent DSDT information and new AppleHDA.

I'll keep digging...

Steven

I went through the process of deleting my DSDT file (then rebooting) so that I could start Probook Installer as New installation. I checked 4x0s G0 support within OSX Support Kexts, within DXDT, I chose the one with 4x0 Ivy (i confirmed that I have an i5-3427U CPU). Checked SSDT generator, and used MacProBook 8,1 (I found that 9,2 even though was i5 Ivy, would failed on p-State Stepper).

When I boot up, I get essentially where I was before...However, this time within System Report, I can see an Intel HD Audio (Audio ID 12) and then items for Line Out, Headphone, External Mic, Speaker, and HDMI/DisplayPort.

Within "Sound" on System Prefs, it shows "No Output devices found".

Still No Sound

Going to look deeper at some of the other ProBooks to see if anything matches up...guessing no. Based on the earlier post from Releo, it appears that effort has been done...Would be great if I could get the pertinent DSDT information and new AppleHDA.

I'll keep digging...

Steven

Before you ran the ProBook Installer, did you restore AppleHDA.kext to vanilla? It is a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back