Contribute
Register

HP Folio 13 Guide! UNIBEAST + parts of MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tested it.
Right after going to sleep, it's waking up by itself and booting from scratch.:cry:

BTW I already got my DSDT and will start patching it to get the battery working. If I get it right I will share with you the patch to include it in the repository.

Thanks for all your help.

First problem is instant wake. Fix that first...

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "6-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

Neither. I wrote "6-series USB" and that's what I meant. Read the README such that you're using MaciASL properly.

Yes.

Thanks, I was using the wrong repository. :oops:

Even without applying any patch to original DSDT if I try to compile in MaciASL I get this error and warnings in the compiler window. Is it safe to ignore them (screenshot attached)?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 02.11.20.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 02.11.20.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 145
Thanks, I was using the wrong repository. :oops:

Even without applying any patch to original DSDT if I try to compile in MaciASL I get this error and warnings in the compiler window. Is it safe to ignore them (screenshot attached)?

Use ACPI 4.0 (MaciASL preferences). Errors must be resolved. Warnings/other can be ignored.

Use ACPI 4.0 (MaciASL preferences). Errors must be resolved. Warnings/other can be ignored.

With ACPI 4.0 I still have one error. But now the error is different (screenshot attached).
I didn't patch anything yet.
If before that I need to solve the error in the stock DSDT I will look into it tomorrow. Isn't possible and safe to ignore them in the case of the stock DSDT? I mean the stock DSDT was working until now AFAIK.

Thanks RehabMan!

PS: any suggestion to fix this new error with ACPI 4.0 or the previous one with ACPI 5.0 are welcome. The new error look simple to fix (just changing the name and all references?) but I'm so new to this DSDT thing that I'm not confident yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 02.41.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 02.41.00.png
    532.9 KB · Views: 147
With ACPI 4.0 I still have one error. But now the error is different (screenshot attached).

There is a patch for that in my patch repo...

There is a patch for that in my patch repo...

Of course you have a patch for that too! Man I'm learning every minute thanks for your help.

Done. I patched the DSDT with: IRQ + USB6 + TNOT.

Now the laptop goes to sleep and doesn't wake up by itself anymore, I need to press the power button or a keyboard key. :thumbup:
What is still weird is that when coming back from sleep, the laptop is just booting from scratch. I must say that I'm still using OS X from an external USB HDD, maybe this has something to do with that behaviour?
And another question, do you think I may need any other SDST patches like:

• HPET (to solve the restart after coming back from sleep?)
  • Brightness (I don't have the brightness slider in Display prefs)
  • RTC

Now I will continue with the battery patch and share it as soon as it's working.

Hi RehabMan,

I finished the DSDT battery patch and it looks ok. I get the battery percentage in the status bar, etc.
Please find attached HP_Folio_13-1010es.txt so you can add it to your repository.

Next stop: audio! :headbang:

Attachments

• HP_Folio_13-1010es.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 135
Hi RehabMan,

I finished the DSDT battery patch and it looks ok. I get the battery percentage in the status bar, etc.
Please find attached HP_Folio_13-1010es.txt so you can add it to your repository.

Next stop: audio! :headbang:

Thanks... I'll add it to the repo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back