Contribute
Register

HP Folio 13 Guide! UNIBEAST + parts of MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you installed a bootloader to your HDD, you should not be booting using the USB.

USB3 generally requires GenericUSBXHCI.kext to be installed.

Post photo. Did you install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon?

I'm install OS X to an external USB drive and also installing the boot loader to it so I don't need to use the "installation pen drive with Unibeast" anymore. I don't want to mess with the HDD that is already running Fedora + Win81 until OS X is usable. I'm mainly using Fedora.

About KernelPatcher module from Chameleon, yes, I installed it. But to be clear, I first installed the KernelPatcher and then run Multibeast. I guess the order should be the opposite.

I will go through the process again and post a photo if things go wrong again.

It seems that installation order matters.

What I did:

1. Ran Multibeast (latest version) with the options that you can see in screen.png.
  2. Multibeast finished successfully (screen2.png).
  3. Ran Chameleon Wizard and apply KernelPatcher (screen3.png).
  4. You can see how my /Extra directory look like after Steps 1-3 (screen4.png)
  5. And the system information, before rebooting (screen5.png)
  6. Reboot

What happened:
  1. OS X is not booting anymore and I still get a KP, but this time using "cpus=1" doesn't seem to change anything at all. I'm not getting the KP that I was getting in my previous try so it seems that this time KernelPatcher is doing ok.
  2. I'm still facing the KP that seems to be related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (IMG_5809/10.jpg) and preventing OS X from booting.

What I'm not sure is if AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement included in latest Multibeast is suitable for 10.9.4 since in Multibeast GUI only 10.9.0 is mentioned.

Thanks in advance for your support RehabMan.

PS: I got a system information report saved to a file before rebooting after running Multibeast let me know if you want it (HWInfo.spx)

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 210
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 180
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 150
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 189
  • screen5.png
    screen5.png
    86 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5809.jpg
    IMG_5809.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 136
It seems that installation order matters.

What I did:

1. Ran Multibeast (latest version) with the options that you can see in screen.png.
  2. Multibeast finished successfully (screen2.png).
  3. Ran Chameleon Wizard and apply KernelPatcher (screen3.png).
  4. You can see how my /Extra directory look like after Steps 1-3 (screen4.png)
  5. And the system information, before rebooting (screen5.png)
  6. Reboot

What happened:
  1. OS X is not booting anymore and I still get a KP, but this time using "cpus=1" doesn't seem to change anything at all. I'm not getting the KP that I was getting in my previous try so it seems that this time KernelPatcher is doing ok.
  2. I'm still facing the KP that seems to be related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (IMG_5809/10.jpg) and preventing OS X from booting.

What I'm not sure is if AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement included in latest Multibeast is suitable for 10.9.4 since in Multibeast GUI only 10.9.0 is mentioned.

Thanks in advance for your support RehabMan.

PS: I got a system information report saved to a file before rebooting after running Multibeast let me know if you want it (HWInfo.spx)

Try booting with DropSSDT=Yes.

Try booting with DropSSDT=Yes.

Hi RehabMan,

It failed again, but the KP is slightly different (IMG_5812.jpg).

I also tried with "DropSSDT=Yes GenerateCStates=No and GeneratePStates=No" and this time OS X booted!
The problem now is that the keyboard and touchpad don't work anymore. It seems to me that Multibeast breaked some things (USB3.0, keyboard, touchpad).

I will try with a USB keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    988.9 KB · Views: 117
Hi RehabMan,

I also tried with "DropSSDT=Yes GenerateCStates=No and GeneratePStates=No" and this time OS X booted!
The problem now is that the keyboard and touchpad don't work anymore. It seems to me that Multibeast breaked some things (USB3.0, keyboard, touchpad).

Thanks for your help

Ok, it seems that when I first ran Multibeast somehow it removes/disable all the drivers that were already installed by Unibeast (PS2, USB3.0, Ethernet).
I ran Multibeast for a second time, selecting the USB3.0 driver, the PS2 driver and ethernet and now everything is working again and booting perfectly without any special flag.
I already have CPU speedster working and also multi-core too (I'm almost sure).
Sleep is doing something weird, I mean, it goes to sleep (power led flashing - laptop off) but then when it wakes up is like it's booting from scratch when I expect it was suspend to memory and waking up just were it was before going to sleep. I will check this later.

Next stop: Audio. :headbang:

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for your help

Multibeast didn't break anything. If you didn't install PS2 drivers, then you have no support for such devices...

Keyboard/trackpad: Depends on PS2 drivers. There is no native support for PS2 devices in OS X. Correct drivers depend on what the manufacturer of your trackpad is.

Ok, it seems that when I first ran Multibeast somehow it removes/disable all the drivers that were already installed by Unibeast (PS2, USB3.0, Ethernet).

Unibeast doesn't install any drivers. It simply creates a USB installer. When you boot your fresh install with that USB there are certain drivers present on it that will load. When you boot from your HDD, those drivers are not present unless you install them.

Sleep is doing something weird, I mean, it goes to sleep (power led flashing - laptop off) but then when it wakes up is like it's booting from scratch when I expect it was suspend to memory and waking up just were it was before going to sleep. I will check this later.

Next stop: Audio. :headbang:

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It makes a lot more sense. :thumbup:

Please find attached the IOReg.

Attachments

• jackito.zip
    323.7 KB · Views: 88

Is it waking up by itself, or is it waking up when you press the power button?

Is it waking up by itself, or is it waking up when you press the power button?

I just tested it.
Right after going to sleep, it's waking up by itself and booting from scratch.:cry:

BTW I already got my DSDT and will start patching it to get the battery working. If I get it right I will share with you the patch to include it in the repository.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back