HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

So seeing this unit doesn't have the hugest amount of support, i thought i'd start something.
I have been fiddling with it for some days, and here's my views, opinions and tips :)

Not sure if this can be thought of as a complete guide, but all feedback is welcome!

First off; items required:

1. A retail copy of OS X Lion
2. HP Folio13 (D'oh)
3. A usb keyboard
4. 8Gb USB-pen
5. Unibeast
6. And lastly a Mac to create the Unibeast installer onto.

Second (off); What works and what doesn't

Works:
-Touchpad
-Keyboard (after we have made OS X recognize it)
-Webcam
-Screen, runs at max resolution
-All cores (i'm almost certain)
-KB. Backlight and 'smart'buttons on the 'F'-keys
-Ethernet (i think)

Doesn't work: (unfortunatly this one is kinda big. I haven't had time to test everything or find drivers n' stuff. Please help me here!)
-Sleep
-Installing EasyBeast causes major trouble, needing reinstall
-Multi-finger gestures should be supported by VoodooPS2 kext, but doesnt seem to work. But fixes the jumping cursor.
-Can't see battery info, again could be fixed by some Voodoo kext
-WiFi. The card that HP used for this device simply is not supported by OS X. So best bet is finding a new one and putting that in. The machine isn't too difficult to disassemble :)
-A lot of kexts causes the machine to become unbootable, requiring a reinstall (or some method i'm unaware of)
-Etc. There's quite a few problems with this machine. Not like my old MSI Wind U100! ;)

If you haven't dropped the thought completely keep on reading. I'll go through the steps i used to make it work.

Lets start by preparing the USB installer, i would prefer you using the official guide at: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.dk/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html
But i'll list the way i did it.

Seeing i work at a PC repair shop, i had a retail copy of Lion, but the Mac i used did not.
The first thing i did was then to copy the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' to /applications.
Next i ran Unibeast and while it was doing what it do best, i decided to take a cup of tee.

When you got your bootable installer, you need to boot on it.
Either you a. Set USB-HDD to first boot device in bios (esc at startup + F10) or b. Select it using boot device select by pressing esc at startup and F9.
When booted, all you need to do is type: "cpus=1", to set the physical amount of cpu's to 1, and this allows it to boot into the installer.
Now we have to install the thing on our laptop.
The first part is making our HDD, GUID table scheme and HFS+.
This is done in Disk Utility, by clicking on utilities in the top bar.
Inside Disk Utility, you format your harddrive into the partitions you like, however the OSX partition, should be atleast 20-30 Gb.
Click on the partition tab, select the numbers of partitions and have one partition with Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Before clicking partition, check the options button and make sure it's set for GUID.

Now that's all set up, let's install!
Close Disk Utility (alt-Q), and click install. Type in details (or dont't).
When the thing is done installing, which takes about 20 minutes, it will restart and then you need to boot onto the USB again.
This time, by using arrows, move to the OSX partition we just installed, but before clicking enter, type the: cpus=1 , again. Otherwise it won't boot.
Again type in details.
Now that we're booted, we probably won't have any internet. This is because our WiFi-card is not supported by Apple's OS X. Therefore it could be an idea to replace with something that do!

After this part, i'm kinda lost aswell.
The things i need to get working before i'll make it primary is:
-WiFi (just need another card)
-Sleep
-Boot from HDD (Look here http://www.osx86.net/10-7-lion/1442...east-usb-any-fixes-start-like-normal-mac.html)

I'll post any updates i find in terms of kexts or like.

I hope i could help someone. It's not the best hackintosh out there, but it's sexy as *** ;)
If anyone has any ideas to contribute, provide them! I'm all ears :)

Ps. Could be an idea to install the VoodooPS2Touchpad driver. It makes the cursor less jumpy (http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=235.0)

I have successfully installed Mavericks on the HP Folio 13-2000. I will be creating my own thread with instructions after I have everything (besides Wifi and Sleep) working.

PS: The Wifi card is the Centrino 1030, and is the ONLY card on HP's BIOS whitelist, which means it's external wifi dongle or BUST for this machine. You cannot, replace the card, because it simply will not boot.

One thing the OP forgot to mention was audio. I have audio working, and will be posting instructions in my own thread.

I have successfully installed Mavericks on the HP Folio 13-2000. I will be creating my own thread with instructions after I have everything (besides Wifi and Sleep) working.

PS: The Wifi card is the Centrino 1030, and is the ONLY card on HP's BIOS whitelist, which means it's external wifi dongle or BUST for this machine. You cannot, replace the card, because it simply will not boot.

One thing the OP forgot to mention was audio. I have audio working, and will be posting instructions in my own thread.

Future posts regarding Mavericks on this laptop should be posted in the Mavericks section. This thread/forum is for Lion only.

Did you manage to create your guide to install OS X on the Folio 13?
I'm really looking forward to install OS X on my Folio 13 1010-es.

Thanks!

Did you manage to create your guide to install OS X on the Folio 13?
I'm really looking forward to install OS X on my Folio 13 1010-es.

Thanks!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Done.

I installed OS X Mavericks yesterday on this laptop.
Things that seems to work OOB (without multibeast or any extra kext):

Ethernet (tested)
Bluetooth (tested - at least seeing other devices)
Keyboard + Function keys (tested - this is confusing since OS X keeps asking to connect a keyboard from time to time)
Touchpad (tested - it's seems to be doing just fine but I saw something weird. Everytime you do anything with it, an entry in /var/log/system.log is generated) :roll2:
Screen + HDMI (tested - full resolution both cases)
Camera
USB 2.0 (tested)

Things that doesn't work OOB:
WiFi (as expected)
Audio
Sleep
Needs to boot with cpus=1 option
Battery indicator

PS: I'm posting this from the Folio running on Mavericks :headbang:

Things that doesn't work OOB:
WiFi (as expected)
Audio
Sleep
Needs to boot with cpus=1 option
Battery indicator

PS: I'm posting this from the Folio running on Mavericks :headbang:

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Power management/sleep: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

cpus=1: Install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Power management/sleep: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

cpus=1: Install KernelPatcher module from Chameleon

First of all thanks a lot for your quick reply Rehabman. That was fast!
I started to try to fix the missing pieces following the links you shared.
Before continuing let me tell you that I'm totally new to hackingtoshing, kext, DSDT, etc but on the other hand I'm excited about this project and I'm using Linux for several years now so I'm used to troubleshooting and compiling stuff, libraries, patching, dealing with some kernel issues, etc.

I decided to start with fixing power management and "cpus=1", since the intructions looked simpler to me.

What I did (in the following order, which may not be ok):

* Install KernelPatcher from Chameleon
* Run Multibeast following the clear instructions on the link you shared (DSDT Free installation, enabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, choosing MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS).
* Reboot

After rebooting (using -v boot flag):
* Booting from the Mavericks USB external drive, connected to the USB3 doesn't work anymore. The system cannot find the root device. My guess is that Multibeast broke something related to the USB3 driver that was working fine before.
* Trying to boot without "cpus=1" is still failing (kernel panic)
* Booting with "cpus=1 -v" and the HDD connected to the USB2.0 port, OS X gets further but then I get a kernel panic that seems to be related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Bottom line OS X is not booting anymore. I'm currently reinstalling from scratch and creating a disk image so the next time I break it I will be able to recover more quickly.
Afterwards I
plan to repeat the process changing some things to see how it goes and update the thread with my results.

Thanks

First of all thanks a lot for your quick reply Rehabman. That was fast!
I started to try to fix the missing pieces following the links you shared.
Before continuing let me tell you that I'm totally new to hackingtoshing, kext, DSDT, etc but on the other hand I'm excited about this project and I'm using Linux for several years now so I'm used to troubleshooting and compiling stuff, libraries, patching, dealing with some kernel issues, etc.

I decided to start with fixing power management and "cpus=1", since the intructions looked simpler to me.

What I did (in the following order, which may not be ok):

* Install KernelPatcher from Chameleon
* Run Multibeast following the clear instructions on the link you shared (DSDT Free installation, enabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, choosing MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS).
* Reboot

After rebooting (using -v boot flag):
* Booting from the Mavericks USB external drive, connected to the USB3 doesn't work anymore. The system cannot find the root device. My guess is that Multibeast broke something related to the USB3 driver that was working fine before.

If you installed a bootloader to your HDD, you should not be booting using the USB.

USB3 generally requires GenericUSBXHCI.kext to be installed.

* Trying to boot without "cpus=1" is still failing (kernel panic)

Post photo. Did you install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon?

* Booting with "cpus=1 -v" and the HDD connected to the USB2.0 port, OS X gets further but then I get a kernel panic that seems to be related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Again, post photo. Usually, there is valuable information in the KP screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back