Contribute
Register

HP 2170p Yosemite install trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the ones in OP, I have since added what you guys have been telling me. The latest install has been going fine when installing, no panics anywhere while installing. The only kernel panics I have encountered since was the initial one when I did not have -xcmp specified and KernelPm false.

Have you managed to do a fresh install with no panics during, and everything working on reboot after PBI?

Post #1 is not clear on *current* results.

Have you managed to do a fresh install with no panics during, and everything working on reboot after PBI?

Post #1 is not clear on *current* results.
Everything besides battery indicator which just started working out of the blue. Nothing changed, just restarted a few times... :crazy:

Everything besides battery indicator which just started working out of the blue. Nothing changed, just restarted a few times... :crazy:

I'll ask again, as my question wasn't answered: "Have you managed to do a fresh install with no panics during, and everything working on reboot after PBI?"

I'll ask again, as my question wasn't answered: "Have you managed to do a fresh install with no panics during, and everything working on reboot after PBI?"
That's what I meant. Everything BESIDES battery indicator every time.

That's what I meant. Everything BESIDES battery indicator every time.

I'm not asking about 'current state'.

I'm asking about the 'history' of your current install.

So... in your current install, did you *ever* experience a panic during installation, during post-install, etc?

I hope the question is clear.

So... in your current install, did you *ever* experience a panic during installation, during post-install, etc.
No, that's what I was trying to say.

Everything after install + PIB = Fully working system EXCEPT from the battery indicator.
No panics ever.

No, that's what I was trying to say.

Everything after install + PIB = Fully working system EXCEPT from the battery indicator.
No panics ever.

I'm asking about not only "after install", but also during and prior to PBI.

My suggestion would be to redownload from Mac App Store, re-create USB, and do it all over again, hopefully without ever a panic, crash, etc.

Make sure you don't have ACPIBatteryManager.kext in place until your ACPI files are properly patched.

I'm asking about not only "after install", but also during and prior to PBI.
That's also what I meant by ever. I did not get any kernel panics pre, during or post install.

That's also what I meant by ever. I did not get any kernel panics pre, during or post install.

The problem you have has been reported before. And it has been reported on Mavericks too.

Not usually on the ProBooks, but on others laptops. It happens both with ACPIBatteryManager.kext and VoodooBattery.kext, indicating it is unlikely to be a kext problem (they each inject slightly different content into ioreg).

There were some cases where the battery data coming from DSDT was clearly wrong (as example: CurrentCapacity > MaxCapacity, or MaxCapacity > DesignCapacity). Once those errors were fixed, so was the problem. Your ioreg looks fine with regard to the battery data.

I think there were also a few cases where it was clearly a problem of someone using a non-genuine software, or they created the USB in a bad way (using a VM, for example).

In the case that everything is legit/correct, no one has ever gotten to the bottom of it to reveal the root cause.

Personally, I've never seen it, so have not been able to do any investigation.

I think there were also a few cases where it was clearly a problem of someone using a non-genuine software, or they created the USB in a bad way (using a VM, for example).
I was using a VM, I'll boot up my Macbook Air and re-create the MacUSB partition using the createinstallmedia method on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back