Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am having some trouble with my HP Elitebook 2170p when installing OSX Yosemite 10.10.4, so I made a text file where I keep track of what I do. Please let me know if I am missing something or not doing it right.

Machine:
HP Elitebook 2170p
Intel Core i7-3667u
16GB RAM
Intel Graphics HD 4000
Resolution 1366x768
Corsair Force F60 SSD

Guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Probook installer:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/128774-hp-probook-installer-clover-edition.html

Pre-install:
- Turn off/on every feature specified by the guide in the UEFI BIOS.
- Create install using the easy guide with OSX 10.10.4
- Use Old Clover.
- Use Old Config with P-Sepper error fix for HD4000 1366x768.

Steps:
1. Install from Clover USB.
2. Reboot and install recovery.
3. Generate APIC tables, F4 at Clover screen.
4. Run Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.3.5.5 (first version to list 2x70 on the start screen).
5. Install all 2x70 related files and following the guide to the point.

Results:
- Sometimes successfully installs and boots, other times randomly kernel panics during installation
of Yosemite, in phase 1 AND 2. Seems random, tried several USB ports and several very different USB pens.
- If successfully installed, the probook installer seems to have little effect beyond
disabling USB support.

In conclusion I am not sure what is going on, I have every time followed the guide
yet I cannot get Yosemite to work like expected. Mavericks works beautifully following the Mavericks guide,
following the Mavericks guide but replacing the Mavericks specific elements with the Yosemite elements
does however not work either.

TLDR;
Mavericks works beautifully, Yosemite does not. Following guides to the very point.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting Post-Repair-Permissions-Not-Booting.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 151
  • Troubleshooting.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi, I am having some trouble with my HP Elitebook 2170p when installing OSX Yosemite 10.10.4, so I made a text file where I keep track of what I do. Please let me know if I am missing something or not doing it right.

Machine:
HP Elitebook 2170p
Intel Core i7-3667u
16GB RAM
Intel Graphics HD 4000
Resolution 1366x768
Corsair Force F60 SSD

Guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Probook installer:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/128774-hp-probook-installer-clover-edition.html

Pre-install:
- Turn off/on every feature specified by the guide in the UEFI BIOS.
- Create install using the easy guide with OSX 10.10.4
- Use Old Clover.
- Use Old Config with P-Sepper error fix for HD4000 1366x768.

Steps:
1. Install from Clover USB.
2. Reboot and install recovery.
3. Generate APIC tables, F4 at Clover screen.
4. Run Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.3.5.5 (first version to list 2x70 on the start screen).
5. Install all 2x70 related files and following the guide to the point.

Results:
- Sometimes successfully installs and boots, other times randomly kernel panics during installation
of Yosemite, in phase 1 AND 2. Seems random, tried several USB ports and several very different USB pens.
- If successfully installed, the probook installer seems to have little effect beyond
disabling USB support.

In conclusion I am not sure what is going on, I have every time followed the guide
yet I cannot get Yosemite to work like expected. Mavericks works beautifully following the Mavericks guide,
following the Mavericks guide but replacing the Mavericks specific elements with the Yosemite elements
does however not work either.

TLDR;
Mavericks works beautifully, Yosemite does not. Following guides to the very point.

Open config.plist, add -xcpm to boot arguments.

Your system is not tested thoroughly due to lack of feedback.

Prior or post running Probook installer?

Either/both.
Does it have to be on an install or is it okay as arguments for booting Yosemite installer?

For some reason I am having huge issues installing Yosemite again, it often goes to the incorrect installer, the one without the start window that has disk utility, installer etc. It does not create a recovery partition like the other installer does (the one in phase 1).

Does it have to be on an install or is it okay as arguments for booting Yosemite installer?

Not sure what you mean by "on an install", but you can enter boot flags either from the Clover GUI or in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

For some reason I am having huge issues installing Yosemite again, it often goes to the incorrect installer, the one without the start window that has disk utility, installer etc. It does not create a recovery partition like the other installer does (the one in phase 1).

Did you use 'createinstallmedia' to create your USB. Recovery partition stage does not happen if one already exists. Did you repartition the drive?

Not sure what you mean by "on an install", but you can enter boot flags either from the Clover GUI or in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

I meant whether Yosemite has to be installed or if it is okay to enter the boot flags when booting the Yosemite installer, not exactly sure what the provided boot flag does, but I assume it helps debug?

Did you use 'createinstallmedia' to create your USB. Recovery partition stage does not happen if one already exists. Did you repartition the drive?

I always repartition the hard drive after a unsuccessful install and yes I used createinstallmedia (the easy way) as the manual way wouldn't boot for me.

I meant whether Yosemite has to be installed or if it is okay to enter the boot flags when booting the Yosemite installer, not exactly sure what the provided boot flag does, but I assume it helps debug?

-xcpm enables XCPM, which is power management in the kernel used by Haswell CPUs, but available for Ivy with the flag.

The installer runs on Yosemite, so it can apply equally to running the installer or running your final install, because in either case you're running OS X Yosemite.

I always repartition the hard drive after a unsuccessful install and yes I used createinstallmedia (the easy way) as the manual way wouldn't boot for me.

Then you'll always go through the two-phase installation process (two boots into USB installer partition).

Thank you, adding -xcpm fixes my boot issue. However the probook installer 6.3.5.5 does not make things like sound (gonna try the part in guide regarding audio and report back) and battery. There is no battery indicator and in Energy Saver it says "Current battery charge: 0%" and whenever I check "Show battery status in menu bar" it shows up for quarter a second showing that it is charging, then disappearing and being unchecked immediately.

I selected everything for 2x70 in the probook installer and whatever else the guide told me to, in Mavericks it worked immediately after restarting when having used the probook installer.

Thank you, adding -xcpm fixes my boot issue. However the probook installer 6.3.5.5 does not make things like sound (gonna try the part in guide regarding audio and report back) and battery. There is no battery indicator and in Energy Saver it says "Current battery charge: 0%" and whenever I check "Show battery status in menu bar" it shows up for quarter a second showing that it is charging, then disappearing and being unchecked immediately.

I selected everything for 2x70 in the probook installer and whatever else the guide told me to, in Mavericks it worked immediately after restarting when having used the probook installer.

You did not patch DSDT correctly. Follow the guide as written and very carefully.

If you have an issue, post troubleshooting files as instructed in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back