Contribute
Register

How to know if my laptop can run MacOS sonoma?

You can see right in the title:

Wireless Card Original M.2 Card Plug and Play for AirDrop Continuity Handoff

The only downside of this card is that Apple dropped support in Sonoma and you have to disable SIP and AMFI and use the OCLP method to make it work. Gets rather messy imo.

(blank line)

Last edited:
You can see right in the title:

Wireless Card Original M.2 Card Plug and Play for AirDrop Continuity Handoff

The only downside of this card is that Apple dropped support in Sonoma and you have to disable SIP and AMFI and use the OCLP method to make it work. Gets rather messy imo.
Hi, sorry for interrupt again, just one small stuff, I met the prohibit sign after I booted from my usb, then I asked some guys they said because of my nvme is from hynix so I cannot install macOS on it. And I have a second hard drive from WD, so just wanna ask how can I temporary disable the hynix one(when using macOS), and re-enable it when I'm using windows?

I met the prohibit sign after I booted from my usb, then I asked some guys they said because of my nvme is from hynix so I cannot install macOS on it.
Never heard that one before. Don't think the Hynix drive is the cause of the problem booting. Try removing the Hynix NVMe and then see if the installer works to install to the WD. If it does, then it could be the Hynix drive. If not you need to modify your EFI folder in some way.

Never heard that one before. Don't think the Hynix drive is the cause of the problem booting. Try removing the Hynix NVMe and then see if the installer works to install to the WD. If it does, then it could be the Hynix drive. If not you need to modify your EFI folder in some way.
Thanks, I just tried it, and still showing the prohibit sign, so maybe the hard drive is not the problem. Is there any troubleshooting for the prohibit sign?(like this but with apple's url under the sign
1700321948493.png

I've already tried most solutions that I can use from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...ting-for-root-device-or-prohibited-sign-error , and still same

Try and get help at the AMD-OSX site. Those people know the most about AMD hacks. https://forum.amd-osx.com/

This community (tmx86) is mostly Intel hackintosh focused.

Hi there.

When you get the prohibited sign from booting your USB installer stick, does your keyboard still work? By that I mean the caps-lock or num-lock LEDs toggle on or off?

The most common cause of the prohibited sign (in my view) is the USB sub-system becoming deactivated, preventing the system from reading from the USB stick. This obviously affects the keyboard too - hence my suggestion.

As for the MediaTek wireless card, there was a solution posted here around the time of Mojave but for a much older chipset. There seems to be Linux and Windows drivers available, but I don't see any macOS at this time for the MT7921.

:)

Hi there.

When you get the prohibited sign from booting your USB installer stick, does your keyboard still work? By that I mean the caps-lock or num-lock LEDs toggle on or off?

The most common cause of the prohibited sign (in my view) is the USB sub-system becoming deactivated, preventing the system from reading from the USB stick. This obviously affects the keyboard too - hence my suggestion.

As for the MediaTek wireless card, there was a solution posted here around the time of Mojave but for a much older chipset. There seems to be Linux and Windows drivers available, but I don't see any macOS at this time for the MT7921.

:)
Hi, my keyboard still works when I was booting my USB stick, I still can press the CapsLock(LED works fine), or Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot the computer

my keyboard still works when I was booting my USB stick, I still can press the CapsLock(LED works fine), or Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot the computer
Did you disable the RTX 3050 card with an SSDT ? If you don't have that in your EFI it's not going to let you reach the installer. Would probably be best to zip up your EFI folder and attach it for review.

Back