Contribute
Register

How to know if my laptop can run MacOS sonoma?

Did you disable the RTX 3050 card with an SSDT ? If you don't have that in your EFI it's not going to let you reach the installer. Would probably be best to zip up your EFI folder and attach it for review.
Um I think I didn't, I thought I don't need to do anything the macOS will automaticlly ignore it. I'll try to disable it now.

Did you disable the RTX 3050 card with an SSDT ? If you don't have that in your EFI it's not going to let you reach the installer. Would probably be best to zip up your EFI folder and attach it for review.
I tried to disable my rtx card by using boot-args, and still same.

I tried to disable my rtx card by using boot-args, and still same.
update: I used another guy's EFI setup and now macOS shows this:
2023-11-18-21-37-39-357.jpg

this is the EFI I used from: https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/trigkey-mini-pc-8-core-16-ryzen-7-5800h.4693/

this is the EFI I used from
It doesn't work for a laptop. That's a mini desktop with no display and no RTX 3050 installed.
That EFI is using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Not good for using with a laptop.

Screen Shot 14.jpg

May be best if you slow down and try to learn the laptop hackintosh basics first before even attempting to install. I've said before, laptops are more difficult and when you throw in AMD integrated graphics even more so. Maybe @Feartech will have some ideas for you or direction for where to start.

Back