Contribute
Register

How to know if my laptop can run MacOS sonoma?

Motherboard
Asus Vivobook Pro 15 M6500QC
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800H
Graphics
RTX 3050 mobile
Hi, I'm a new guy here, and this is my first post in this forum. Here are some info of my laptop(ASUS Vivobook Pro 15 M6500QC):
1700176709913.png

and with a MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi 6 Wireless network card, MTK bluetooth adapter(not sure which one), and the soundcard is by realtek(also not sure about which one is it).

I want to know if this laptop is capable to run MacOS Sonoma, thanks.

Possible but only if you use the Nooted Red kext and disable the Nvidia GPU which is unsupported.

View attachment 574484
3050 will not work with macOS.

If you are a hackintosh beginner, there is much to learn to make this work.
Thank you soooo much, so I can use this GPU with that nootedred thing right?
1700179380899.png

and thank you again

so I can use this GPU with that nootedred thing right?
I'm fairly sure it works but haven't tried it myself. @craighazan would probably give a better answer. Laptops are much more complicated hacks to get fully working than desktops, be prepared for a lot of work to make it work.

I’ve only done a desktop with NootedRed, but I’ve read many success stories with laptops. I’m sure ‘Cezanne’ is compatible with NootedRed.

I’ve only done a desktop with NootedRed, but I’ve read many success stories with laptops. I’m sure ‘Cezanne’ is compatible with NootedRed.
understood, thank you so much

Possible but only if you use the Nooted Red kext and disable the Nvidia GPU which is unsupported.
Hi, one more thing, I just realized that my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card is from MTK(MT7921), and now I couldn't find a kext for that, does that mean I won't be able to use wifi/bluetooth on hackintosh? Or kext for MTK exists and I didin't find it?

Or kext for MTK exists and I didin't find it?
Never even heard of MTK so it's probably not compatible. Replace it with a Broadcom card if possible. Then install Ventura so everything will work OOB. It's not natively supported in Sonoma.

This is the one that most people install in their laptop.

Never even heard of MTK so it's probably not compatible. Replace it with a Broadcom card if possible. Then install Ventura so everything will work OOB. It's not natively supported in Sonoma.

This is the one that most people install in their laptop.
thanks, but what if I bought a usb network card that supports MacOS, will that work?

what if I bought a usb network card that supports MacOS, will that work?
Some do with a third party kext but you won't have BT and many things like the Continuity/Location features won't work. The Broadcom card has native support through Ventura.

Last edited:
Back