Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I choose the BIOS Only for the USB Stick (step 2-17), but a UEFI Only for the SSD (step 4-5)... and now that I re-read the guide I can see my mistake in the step 2-17 "note" : "Using Legacy Mode is the simplest and most reliable for 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Series Gigabyte motherboards with standard default BIOS or UEFI settings."

A step closer ? Currently reinstalling from scratch, I'll keep you informed.

Cool.

Also, it sounded like in you made some changes to the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder on you system drive when trying to fix some of your previous issues. It probably didn't have anything to do with the last issue but you only need to make changes on that folder on the USB stick. Not the system drive.

Good luck.

Is this suppose to say this? Boot Mac OS from ?
On another note, i can boot in clover but i can't sign into apple store or anything else for that matter? what next should i be doing? I have a UEFI board so i choose the first option when loading clover on to create my EFI partition.

Another question i like to know is, i like the way chimera gave you a count down to choose what OS to load into and picks one when the count down expires. I don't get that option in clover, it just stays at the page till i hit enter on Boot Mac OS from ? Is there a way for it to give a countdown and pick windows or mac if i so choose to? Finally i haven't done anything else to my config.plist file on the EFI partition. i only changed it on the USB to allow the install to work, Do i need to worry about my system definition not set in the config.plist on the efi cause right now i can't get my store to work or iMessage. everything else works besides apple store and iMessage. thanks

20141031_100436_Android.jpg

How can I create a log file from a verbose (-v) of the OS X Install of Yosemite?

I've got a good config.plist file where I can boot from a USB stick fine, but when I go through the OS X install the screen goes black about 50% through and I never get to the install screen. The problem is I can't see where it causes the screen to go black since it happens so quick. If I had a log file I would be able to see where the problem occurs.

Any help to produce (document) a log of the installation.

Thanks

Cool.

Also, it sounded like in you made some changes to the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder on you system drive when trying to fix some of your previous issues. It probably didn't have anything to do with the last issue but you only need to make changes on that folder on the USB stick. Not the system drive.

Good luck.

After a fresh install using the BIOS (Legacy) method, I'm stuck (in verbose mode) at "root device uuid is...". For the drivers64UEFI folder I just installed the driver that solve the video problem (CsmVideoDxe-64).

Is this suppose to say this? Boot Mac OS from ?
On another note, i can boot in clover but i can't sign into apple store or anything else for that matter? what next should i be doing? I have a UEFI board so i choose the first option when loading clover on to create my EFI partition.

Another question i like to know is, i like the way chimera gave you a count down to choose what OS to load into and picks one when the count down expires. I don't get that option in clover, it just stays at the page till i hit enter on Boot Mac OS from ? Is there a way for it to give a countdown and pick windows or mac if i so choose to? Finally i haven't done anything else to my config.plist file on the EFI partition. i only changed it on the USB to allow the install to work, Do i need to worry about my system definition not set in the config.plist on the efi cause right now i can't get my store to work or iMessage. everything else works besides apple store and iMessage. thanks

View attachment 111120

Hi WalleO - Yes, once you've installed OS X you need to edit the config.plist in the EFI partition of your HDD. You can get all the information you need for setting up the config.plist from http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html and post #2 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

After a fresh install using the BIOS (Legacy) method, I'm stuck (in verbose mode) at "root device uuid is...". For the drivers64UEFI folder I just installed the driver that solve the video problem (CsmVideoDxe-64).

This is using the same config.plist as before?

Edit:

This is happening when booting from the HDD, right? Not the USB. When installing Clover to the EFI partition on the HDD did you select CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA? It's not expanded in the Step 4 - Part 5 grab of the Legacy settings.

Hi WalleO - Yes, once you've installed OS X you need to edit the config.plist in the EFI partition of your HDD. You can get all the information you need for setting up the config.plist from http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html and post #2 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Thank you so much. one last question. I'm setting up my MLB and ROM, i ran the iMessage debug tool and got my 17 character # but I'm confused on the ROM. i got a 12 alphanumeric # but it has a space in between.. its like "xxxxxxxx xxxx" when i add in into clover do i add it with the space in between or add in as xxxxxxxxxxxx without the space. thank you

This is using the same config.plist as before?

Edit:

This is happening when booting from the HDD, right? Not the USB. When installing Clover to the EFI partition on the HDD did you select CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA? It's not expanded in the Step 4 - Part 5 grab of the Legacy settings.

Yes, OS X boots from the SSD normally if the USB key was the boot volume (selected in the UEFI boot menu).
I have 5 selected checkboxes in Clover Install :
1/ Install Clover in ESP
2/ Bootloader -> Install boot0af in MBR
3/ CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
4/ Driver64UEFI -> CsmVideoDxe-64
5/ Install RC scripts on target volume

And I tried with the previous config.file and the standard one (at the bottom of the guide), the booloader stops rapidly if the usb stick is not the boot volume.

Yes, OS X boots from the SSD normally if the USB key was the boot volume (selected in the UEFI boot menu).
I have 5 selected checkboxes in Clover Install :
1/ Install Clover in ESP
2/ Bootloader -> Install boot0af in MBR
3/ CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
4/ Driver64UEFI -> CsmVideoDxe-64
5/ Install RC scripts on target volume

And I tried with the previous config.file and the standard one (at the bottom of the guide), the booloader stops rapidly if the usb stick is not the boot volume.

What is the Boot Mode selection in your bios? On my Gigabyte mobo it's located on BIOS Features tab. I used the UEFI method for both the USB and HDD Clover installs and mine's set to UEFI and Legacy.

Try with Legacy Only?

What is the Boot Mode selection in your bios? On my Gigabyte mobo it's located on BIOS Features tab. I used the UEFI method for both the USB and HDD Clover installs and mine's set to UEFI and Legacy.

Try with Legacy Only?

this again for your advices. First complete boot from SSD !
Time for week-end now. Enjoy it

Back