Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Thank you so much. one last question. I'm setting up my MLB and ROM, i ran the iMessage debug tool and got my 17 character # but I'm confused on the ROM. i got a 12 alphanumeric # but it has a space in between.. its like "xxxxxxxx xxxx" when i add in into clover do i add it with the space in between or add in as xxxxxxxxxxxx without the space. thank you

So you set up your Smuuid, serial number and Board Serial number in Clover Configurator? That's where the MLB and ROM numbers are generated in Clover. Board Serial number = MLB and last 12 hexadecimal of the Smuuid = ROM. If that's the case your MLB and ROM should be good.

I think the spacing issue is just from the debug tool. If you open up your config.plist file you should see your ROM data with no spaces. Look for <key>ROM</key>.

Just make sure that your values are persistent by checking after several restarts.

So you set up your Smuuid, serial number and Board Serial number in Clover Configurator? That's where the MLB and ROM numbers are generated in Clover. Board Serial number = MLB and last 12 hexadecimal of the Smuuid = ROM. If that's the case your MLB and ROM should be good.

I think the spacing issue is just from the debug tool. If you open up your config.plist file you should see your ROM data with no spaces. Look for <key>ROM</key>.

Just make sure that your values are persistent by checking after several restarts.

Well now I'm more confused, all the tutorials I've read all day i ididnt see where it points to Board Serial Number = to MLB cause i got two different numbers for both. i got my MLB generated by using iMessage debug and my ROM is also from the debug tool yet you say it should be the last 12 of my SmUUID. Are you sure about this?

So here is what i have so far..

SmUUID generated from terminal with uuidgen
Board Serial Number: From Serial Number
Serial Number: From Clover magic Wand tool
Product Name: Clover Magic Wand
Board ID: Clover Magic Wand
MLB: From iMessage Debug (17 character alpha numeric)
ROM: From IMessage Debug (12 character alpha numeric)

Is any of this wrong cause I'm still getting the activation error with iMessage and my FaceTime is giving me a FaceTime wants to use your confidential information error, where if i click accept or deny it always logs me off

Well now I'm more confused, all the tutorials I've read all day i ididnt see where it points to Board Serial Number = to MLB cause i got two different numbers for both. i got my MLB generated by using iMessage debug and my ROM is also from the debug tool yet you say it should be the last 12 of my SmUUID. Are you sure about this?

Sorry if I caused any confusion. If you look at the step 5D section and then find the header for Clover Update October 2014 update in http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html this describes the ROM and MLB values.

This link also discusses the MLB and ROM values. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#MLB

Edit: Board Serial Number and Serial number are unique values.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. If you look at the step 5D section and then find the header for Clover Update October 2014 update in http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html this describes the ROM and MLB values.

This link also discusses the MLB and ROM values. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#MLB

Edit: Board Serial Number and Serial number are unique values.

I am having major problems with my installation and I hope someone can assist. I have a Customac mini deluxe hackintosh machine and I want to install yosemite and clover onto it. I have built the USB but during installation I am not getting past the beach ball. During installation I have a few screenshots which I hope may assist in pd what the problem is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 240
So here is what i have so far..

SmUUID generated from terminal with uuidgen
Board Serial Number: From Serial Number
Serial Number: From Clover magic Wand tool
Product Name: Clover Magic Wand
Board ID: Clover Magic Wand
MLB: From iMessage Debug (17 character alpha numeric)
ROM: From IMessage Debug (12 character alpha numeric)

Is any of this wrong cause I'm still getting the activation error with iMessage and my FaceTime is giving me a FaceTime wants to use your confidential information error, where if i click accept or deny it always logs me off

Try this:
1) import your config.plist file into Clover Configurator and do the wand on Smbios for the model you want
2) Create your serial number you like by hitting shake buttons a couple of times
3) Hit OK
4) in terminal do uuigen
5) copy that value into Smuuid field
6) copy the serial number value into board serial number field
7) add alpha/numeric digits until board serial number value is 17 characters long
8) on rt variables page clear out the ROM and MLB fields if there is anything in there so they are empty
9) export configuration
10) restart computer
11) open your config.plist in Clover Configurator
12) run imessage debug

your MLB value should now match your Board Serial Number. your ROM value should now match the last twelve digits of your smuuid.

Hope this clarifies things.

I'm getting the following error when running Yosemite Install from a USB and then the screen goes blank

[AGPM CONTROLLER] unknownPlatform
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1507
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2153
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 194
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051
DSMOS has arrived

Any ideas? When I boot from the USB and go directly into Yosemite (not the installer) everything works fine with sound.

I'm getting the following error when running Yosemite Install from a USB and then the screen goes blank

[AGPM CONTROLLER] unknownPlatform
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1507
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2153
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 194
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051
DSMOS has arrived

Any ideas? When I boot from the USB and go directly into Yosemite (not the installer) everything works fine with sound.

Do you have FakeSMC in the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 folder on the HDD? Is your graphics being injected if necessary?

Do you have FakeSMC in the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 folder on the HDD? Is your graphics being injected if necessary?

My FakeSMC is in the kext directory on the USB and I'm not sure what you mean if the graphics is being injected. I believe it deals with the sound (ALC892).

Back