Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

My FakeSMC is in the kext directory on the USB and I'm not sure what you mean if the graphics is being injected. I believe it deals with the sound (ALC892).

I think DMSOS can sometimes be an indication that your video card isn't being seen correctly.

Is you HDD showing activity even after the screen goes black? Does the video injection listed in config.plist match your hardware? Inject Intel / Inject ATI / Inject Nvidia or none of those checked?

For me I have a nvidia gtx 770 which is natively supported so I unchecked all of those options.

I'm getting the following error when running Yosemite Install from a USB and then the screen goes blank

[AGPM CONTROLLER] unknownPlatform
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1507
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2153
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 194
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051
DSMOS has arrived

Any ideas? When I boot from the USB and go directly into Yosemite (not the installer) everything works fine with sound.

maybe you can try by adding nv_disable=1 at the boot argument
after installing yosemite… replace nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1

I am having major problems with my installation and I hope someone can assist. I have a Customac mini deluxe hackintosh machine and I want to install yosemite and clover onto it. I have built the USB but during installation I am not getting past the beach ball. During installation I have a few screenshots which I hope may assist in pd what the problem is.
Any helpers?

Sorry if I caused any confusion. If you look at the step 5D section and then find the header for Clover Update October 2014 update in http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html this describes the ROM and MLB values.

This link also discusses the MLB and ROM values. http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/RtVariables#MLB

Edit: Board Serial Number and Serial number are unique values.

thank you so much emjay... i now finally get the customer support number to call so i guess i will do that tomorrow. However i ran into another problem yet.

Attachments

• List.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 196
Hi I am not clear with Step 2: Preparing Bootable USB Installer (Sorry if you find this question absurd).

substeps 21-23:
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

The kexts folders created are up to 10.9 only, then another folder called 'Other'

Are we to manually create a folder 10.10 or that is created automatically by Clover?

Hi I am not clear with Step 2: Preparing Bootable USB Installer (Sorry if you find this question absurd).

substeps 21-23:
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

The kexts folders created are up to 10.9 only, then another folder called 'Other'

Are we to manually create a folder 10.10 or that is created automatically by Clover?

You create it yourself.

How do you change system type in about this mac? Mine is set too mac mini, even though product name under smbios in clover configurator is set to MacPro7,1.

Is it because of inject system ID is checked in system parameters?

maybe you can try by adding nv_disable=1 at the boot argument
after installing yosemite… replace nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1

Thanks!! That did the trick.

I'm still just trying to convert my Chimera boot loader to the Clover boot loader on my dual boot system. After doing the steps above successfully it still boots directly into Windows (Yuk!). Since I'm still only try to change my Yosemite boot loader will I have to reformat to successfully work only with the Clover boot loader?

My system boots in UEFI but I used BIOS-Only system setup since I have a series 6 MB. It seemed like that was the recommendation.

Great forum and thanks for the support.

Is this done on the Mac that you setup the USB on? Or is it done on the Hackintosh after Yosemite is installed?
If it is done to the Mac while setting up the USB, isn't all the data from that Mac useless to the PC its going to be installed on?

Also, if I have an Intel integrated graphics card with automatic switching to Nvidia GT740M card, what settings do I use?

Back