Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

that is what i got. at that point the USB stops blinking (seems like no data transfer) 20150618_093654-1.jpg

Clover boots fine, and I select "Install OS X....", but when it shows the first installation screen, it's pretty off and pixelated.

I'm using an i3 and its integrated HD4600 (and also using that config.plist in Clover).

Any ideas why this is happening, and what I can do to solve it? The screen is over VGA (maybe that's the problem? Should I try DVI instead?) and it's running something like 1280x???? (it's an old screen...).

IMG_3182.JPG

EDIT:
Got it fixed!

that is what i got. at that point the USB stops blinking (seems like no data transfer) View attachment 141355

okay, guys i just fixed my problem. i set the BIOS to default and changed only few things in order to boot.. goal achieved - everything is up and running.
I edited a few kexts and changed a few things in Clover Configurator in order to get my R9 290 working. Last question.. I've no HDMI audio - and didn't really find any fixes for me. can anybody help?

I've been trying to get the rom value when running iMessage_debug but getting <ffffffff ffff> values.

I can get the MLB but for some reason I can't get a valid rom value.

I tried generating several times a new serial number and restarting then running iMessage_debug again but nothings changed.

Hi guys

I can't have my clover USB to be bootable.

I'm through the step 17 but i'm guessing I'm missing something between 17 and 20. Does the Note about different ways to setup Clover means there is something to do here before step 20 ?

Hi guys

I can't have my clover USB to be bootable.

I'm through the step 17 but i'm guessing I'm missing something between 17 and 20. Does the Note about different ways to setup Clover means there is something to do here before step 20 ?

I ran into the same issue - make sure you select the option "Install Boot0af in MBR" under Bootloader.

I ran into the same issue - make sure you select the option "Install Boot0af in MBR" under Bootloader.

I did :)

I'll do it again, 3rd try...

not sure what I did but iMessage started working all of a sudden. Running iMessage_Debug and my Rom value isn't even valid.

Well nope, the bloody USB won't boot...

I don't see what I'm doing wrong here. In addition, I first tried the Mavericks install guide, which went well (usb booting, install done etc..). Only issue is that it won't boot without the usb. So I tried the Yose install (same) and now the Clover one (even worse as I don't go as far).

No clue what's going on and no answers on the Mavericks thread so I'll go back to my first idea: installing W7...

Back