Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Graphics card

How do I get my GPU to work with OSX Yosemite?

My build
Asus Maximus Hero VII
Intel i5 4690k
XFX radeon r9 280 gpu

Hi folks!

At the risk of sounding like a n00b, has anyone revised the install instructions for BIOS-based (non-UEFI) based boards? I have a P45-based Gigabyte mobo and I am dreading paging through all 76 pages of this to find it. It seems, even with build 3215, that nobody has updated the install guide on the main page.

I would appreciate any kind of recent link - TIA!

MB

Last edited:
I installed Clover and mounted the EFI partition by following this guide but it doesn't seem like its booting with Clover. It just boots up with the Chimera boot loader. Seem like nothing changed.

[video=youtube;EJDbSuW7lbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJDbSuW7lbE[/video]

I installed Clover and mounted the EFI partition by following this guide but it doesn't seem like its booting with Clover. It just boots up with the Chimera boot loader. Seem like nothing changed.

Not sure why you're installing chimera if you're using clover. You need to pick one. You sound like you're running multibeast with clover and telling it to install chimera over clover.

Maybe post what steps you take to install everything for clarity.

Way too long. Almost 30 minutes. Maybe tell us which part you want us to watch(time).

Not sure why you're installing chimera if you're using clover. You need to pick one. You sound like you're running multibeast with clover and telling it to install chimera over clover.

Maybe post what steps you take to install everything for clarity.

Way too long. Almost 30 minutes. Maybe tell us which part you want us to watch(time).

I just followed this guide a did a fresh Clover Yosemite install. Everything is working except my audio which is ALC898. Can I get some help on how to install this audio kext or driver? Still new to this and don't really know much but trying to learn the process as much as I can.

Thanks

I tried the Multibeast option and got a installation failed and also the Clover ALC command option and got this

"File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0a
EFI partition is mounted
cat: /tmp/config.txt.txt: No such file or directory
rm: /tmp/org.chameleon.Boot.txt: No such file or directory
Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1 not found; patching not possible
Add config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1 and restart
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Process completed]"

No sure what happened here

I tried the Multibeast option and got a installation failed and also the Clover ALC command option and got this

"File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0a
EFI partition is mounted
cat: /tmp/config.txt.txt: No such file or directory
rm: /tmp/org.chameleon.Boot.txt: No such file or directory
Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1 not found; patching not possible
Add config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1 and restart
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Process completed]"

No sure what happened here

Sounds like MultiBeast is interfering with the script file. I think you need the default audio kext from install and the script modifies the original. There is a newer 110 version that was posted yesterday that I haven't used yet. The 100 version is there also. I believe it is 1.0.4d, IIRC.

Toleda's Audio_CloverALC
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Hope this helps
-=Mark=-

You shouldn't need MultiBeast at all.

Sounds like multibeast is interfering with the script file. I think you need the default audio kext from install and the script modifies the original. There is a newer 110 version that was posted yesterday that I haven't used yet. The 100 version is there also. I believe it is 1.0.4d, IIRC.

Toleda's Audio_CloverALC
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Hope this helps
-=Mark=-

You shouldn't need MultiBeast at all.

Tried MultiBeast again and checked Realtek ALCxxx > AL898 and Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support. Restarted and the sounds now works :)

I'm not sure how this affected the install but after that it seem like my Bluetooth for my Apple Keyboard keeps losing connection. It would work fine again after unplugging my Iogear 4.0 Bluetooth dongle and replugging it again. I never had the issue with my previous MultiBeast installation method.

Not sure if its a hardware issue or something else.

Also for some reason iMessage stopped working again and I'm getting the same error activation with my previous MultiBeast/Chimera installation.

I checked the iMessage_debug and nothing seem to have changed.

Another question on the Clover bootup screen, how do I set it so it automatically boot to my boot drive after so many seconds? Right now I actually have to select it with my Logitech K400 keyboard.

Sorry for so many questions just trying to get iMessage to work again and installing Clover seem like the only method. I had it working before but it just stopped working after a reboot installing Clover EFI boot again

Tried Multibeast again and checked Realtek ALCxxx > AL898 and Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support. Restarted and the sounds now works :)

I'm not sure how this affected the install but after that it seem like my Bluetooth for my Apple Keyboard keeps losing connection. It would work fine again after unplugging my Iogear 4.0 Bluetooth dongle and replugging it again. I never had the issue with my previous MultiBeast installation method.

Multibeast can work if you only select the exact things you need. Do one at a time otherwise if there is an issue you'll have a hard time figuring out what is the cause.

Most inexperienced users try to fill out all pages and install another bootloader and mess up Clover. Just safer to not use MultiBeast in the long run.

Not sure if its a hardware issue or something else.

Most likely just kexts. Test your wake from dead sleep (power down) and see if audio still works. If not you may want to try thje ALC100 command as it seems to have better support.

Also for some reason iMessage stopped working again and I'm getting the same error activation with my previous MultiBeast/Chimera installation.

I checked the iMessage_debug and nothing seem to have changed.

There is another patch for getting iMessage to work. I forget as I don't use it as I have no camera.

Another question on the Clover bootup screen, how do I set it so it automatically boot to my boot drive after so many seconds? Right now I actually have to select it with my Logitech K400 keyboard.

I forget where, but you can set it to zero seconds or something for quick boot.

Sorry for so many questions just trying to get iMessage to work again and installing Clover seem like the only method. I had it working before but it just stopped working after a reboot installing Clover EFI boot again

You just may need a fresh reinstall without MultiBeast. All you should need is FakeSMC and your internet driver on the USB and Internet is optional.

Back