Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Just noticed that after installing clover I have an EFI folder in my Mac HD disk as well as the EFI partition.

When rebooting where is clover booting from? The EFI partition or the EFI folder on where I install Yosemite?

Just noticed that after installing clover I have an EFI folder in my Mac HD disk as well as the EFI partition.

When rebooting where is clover booting from? The EFI partition or the EFI folder on where I install Yosemite?

It's booting from the EFI. Something similar happened to me because I was trying all sorts of things when getting Clover to work. The reason that happened to me was because I tried installing Clover on a drive that didn't have an EFI partition on it (my partition scheme was MBR instead of GPT), so it created a folder called EFI instead of installing on the partition.

Anyway, I actually ended up deleting the EFI folder on my boot drive so I didn't confuse myself. Didn't have any harmful effects. That's just my 2 cents though, still learning about how this all works.

okay, guys i just fixed my problem. i set the BIOS to default and changed only few things in order to boot.. goal achieved - everything is up and running.
I edited a few kexts and changed a few things in Clover Configurator in order to get my R9 290 working. Last question.. I've no HDMI audio - and didn't really find any fixes for me. can anybody help?

Did you try this guide?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

I don't use HDMI audio, but for onboard audio, it wasn't working after Clover. So I followed Toleda's guide exactly and it works perfectly now.

Also, what did you do in Clover Configurator to get your R9 290 working? I have a R9 280X. It works in Clover, but I think my benchmarking scores are a tad lower than when I was running via Chameleon.

The installation was successful
But I have a problem with Windows 8.1
A black screen appears
If out of clover
Work windows
(I own 2 SDD one for Mac and one for Windows)
What's the solution
:banghead::banghead:

I have one problem, this guide its work but, i have Aspire V5-473P, the usb drive its boot correctly but wen start the grafic interface installer only start charge but not ending, only view the apple logo and progress bar but charge more less 30% and not continue, whath is my problen with my machine ?

:|:|:|

I'm having problems installing from the USB. I can boot into the USB, and it takes me into a Boot Manager Screen, but doesn't allow me to choose any USB from the list. I can see my Hard Drives here, but just no USB.

And, If I choose to boot into UEFI: USB, it just boots into windows.

I have a Maximus VI Hero motherboard. Does anybody know why this is happening? :crazy:

STEP 4: Post-Installation
At this point, the easiest way to proceed is to install the bootloader, grab backups from the root of your USB drive, and copy the files that worked directly to the system drive's EFI partition. However, getting post-installation 100% right for your system is something that needs to be done on a case by case basis. No single Clover setup will work perfectly for every system. For best compatibility, it is recommended that the EFI partition also be reformatted to FAT32 instead of default HFS.

1. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
2. Type: diskutil list and locate your system drive's EFI partition. It will be under IDENTIFIER. Be sure to use the correct one. (For this example: disk0s1)
3. Type the following, enter password and hit enter:

Code:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

I was just wondering if this was really necessary ? Since every EFI partition (whatever the OS is) is basically a FAT32 partition (not HFS o_O), there's no reason to reformat it before installing Clover ?

I mean, even standard Apple's EFI is an msdos (FAT32) partition on reals Mac. The same goes for Windows and Linux and this the standard as defined in UEFI specs.

So why would you need to format it again in the same format ?

Quick question for this thread....

I am currently running Yosemite on a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 with AWARD Bios, I would like to attempt an installation with clover. Do I have to upgrade to a UEFI bios in order to install with clover?

try that again....Bump

I installed Clover using the guide on my MSI Z77A-GD65 and got everything working fine.

Just wanted to know why I have this bootloader screen when I installed a igold clover theme with Clover.

What does this mean? Is my computer booting from the EFI on my EFI partition or is something not right?

Attachments

• IMG_7587_zps3c7f5ab0.jpg
    IMG_7587_zps3c7f5ab0.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 77
Back