Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

i was able to boot from USB successfully but when try to install OS it says that 11 minutes remaining and machine reboot.
any idea?

please help

Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770k
GF 650TI 2GB
16GB DDR3 1333
OS X 10.10.3

I am struggling with my clover install. Spec in profile are current.

I've done all the usual. Tried other USB, tried other USB port. I've tried the -x -v flags. I've tried -GraphicsEnabler=No and -maxmem=4096.

Generally the installation halts at the apple logo with 1/4 progress bar. I am using onboard graphics, which should be HD4600.

When I tried all four flags, the apple logo stayed for about ten minutes while the progress bar inched (millimetered) along. At about the halfway point, the screen went crazy, showing four apples horizontally across my screen with lines through them and the spinning beach ball that never stopped. That's as far as I have gotten.

This was much easier on my laptop, which is odd, as I bought the desktop equipment specifically for osx, and just got "lucky" on the probook. (No such thing as luck in Hackintosh. I know, I know).

The crazy part is that the multi/unibeast installation work perfectly. No problem. However, I'd like to take advantage of the EFI booting so I can layer multiple OSs. Any suggestions? I am using the config.plist file included in post 1 for the HD4600. I have used yesterday's (5-29-15) update to clover.

Hi,
Anyone have such problem too? I was not able to find a fix for such problem. Anyone?:)

Regards,
Marek

i have a prob
on the first boot the USB (mouse and keyboard)doesn't work.
on restart working like charm.
i try usb fixes reset cmos dsdt on and off .. but can't fix this.

@lexone
Hey bro can u please upload your config.plist file ? We have very similar biuld (GBYTE Z87)
Thanks.

Hey I'm trying to get this working with virtualbox but am unable to select the image in windows 7/virtualbox. I tried changing the partiiton format to ms-dos(fat) but it still didn't recognize it. Anyway to get it working?

Look into the usb Efi/clover/kexts/10.10 what extensions you are loading, there must be at least nullpower...Kext, FakeSMC.kext and the ethernet.kext (or you may not use the App Store without it). I used the standard config.plist, which worked fine on the ATI 6450.

I am struggling with my clover install. Spec in profile are current.

I've done all the usual. Tried other USB, tried other USB port. I've tried the -x -v flags. I've tried -GraphicsEnabler=No and -maxmem=4096.

Generally the installation halts at the apple logo with 1/4 progress bar. I am using onboard graphics, which should be HD4600.

When I tried all four flags, the apple logo stayed for about ten minutes while the progress bar inched (millimetered) along. At about the halfway point, the screen went crazy, showing four apples horizontally across my screen with lines through them and the spinning beach ball that never stopped. That's as far as I have gotten.

This was much easier on my laptop, which is odd, as I bought the desktop equipment specifically for osx, and just got "lucky" on the probook. (No such thing as luck in Hackintosh. I know, I know).

The crazy part is that the multi/unibeast installation work perfectly. No problem. However, I'd like to take advantage of the EFI booting so I can layer multiple OSs. Any suggestions? I am using the config.plist file included in post 1 for the HD4600. I have used yesterday's (5-29-15) update to clover.

I had a heck of a time getting my Z97m-Plus working with HD4600. I think I just gave up and I ended up putting in my GT 620 and it booted right up. I think 10.10.3 has issues with HD4600 and Asus. Asus boards are always picky as they always have custom stuff on their boards.

One issue I've had with Asus clover UEFI installs is that they have had issues with HSFPlus.efi. I had to skip that step and just use the VBoxHfs.efi. That is if you boot UEFI mode. Your USB should have a UEFI designation when booting from it.

There is another option, you can install with unibeast, then install Clover bootloader. I've never tried it yet myself, but I hear it works pretty good.

I used the command line to copy the installer to the USB flash drive and failed multiple times, then discovered I hadn't partitioned the drive properly :think:
Works now!! Thank you Tony Mac!! Hope this helps people having the same problem as me!!

Hey all,

I have a H61N-USB3 board. Followed the guide and did bios only for Clover.

Booting to usb and installing worked flawlessly. Then I installed Clover onto the internal drive.

Once I try to reboot clover come up and I pick my OS drive. Then I get the apple logo and a progress bar that never moves. If I reboot with the usb, and choose the internal drive, it runs fine.

Any ideas?

thx!

FIXED: Had to use the mini hdmi port on the card.

I cannot install,after apple logo appear no input on the monitor screen.How i can do?

I Have the same problem here...
anyone ?

Back