Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

More description of issue plz.

Boot with the -v flag to get more messasges of what's going on. You may need a camera to take a picture of the screen results at the moment of the crash.

I fixed it(was missing an important boot flag) but now my installation always stays at "one second remaining". Nothing was happening and no files were written to my hard drive anymore(heard it shutting down). I attached my installer log file.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• ._Installer Log 16-May-2015.txt
    4 KB · Views: 125
I fixed it(was missing an important boot flag) but now my installation always stays at "one second remaining". Nothing was happening and no files were written to my hard drive anymore(heard it shutting down). I attached my installer log file.

Thank you for your help.

Maybe try waiting a bit longer. It can take a half hour or more to install at times.

Sorry, but log files I don't understand. Maybe someone more experienced can help with that.
-=Mark=-

Thank you for your help.

This is absolutely normal 'One Second Remaining' can take another 10 to 15 minutes - just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

I checked the clover links but PROJECTOSX seems to be down, do they still developing stuff for clover, on the wiki the last update was 2014.

Is there an official community site for clover users? cuz it seems to be just poor info about it.

Clover Yosemite USB Installation Stop Sign

Hello guys,
I have successfully created the Yosemite Bootable Drive for installing on my PC.
However,after booting from the USB,I click on Install OS X in Clover boot menu,and it just takes me to a BLACK PAGE WITH A WHITE STOP SIGN -> I have tried injecting USB OwnerShip and also have tried it with removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, SET MY BIOS HD OPERATION TO AHCI
HOWEVER,NO LUCK.
IT KEEPS SHOWING ME THE
SIGN,AND THEN THE COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN.
ANY HELP,PLEASE?:(:cry:

So your issue is with booting the drive after installing the OS? Are you booting first into the USB then selecting the drive you installed the OS onto so that you can run post-install stuff with MultiBeast? Did you select the correct options for Clover bootloader installed on OS drive? Did you add config.plist to the EFI partition on OS drive? I'd suggest booting into drive via USB then use Clover Configurator to mount the OS drives EFI partition and verifying the bootloader installed and that the correct files are in place (FakeSMC, HFSPlus, DSDT, config.plist)

I was able to follow everything fine all the way to the end of the universal install.
Only difference was that after installing the boot loader, the partition mounted was ESP instead of EFI.

I cannot boot without USB now. If I remove USB, it says there's no boot device found. (Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key)
I ran Clover Configurator to and mounted the EFI. Strange thing is that now it's mounted as EFI instead of ESP. I have FakeSMC in kexts/10.10. However, I do not have HFSPlus in drivers64UEFI. I still have VBoxHfs-64.efi in there. I don't know if this is an issue. I followed instructions to delete this file back when we ran clover on the USB drive, and replaced it with HFSPlus. But the instructions for running Clover on Yosemite boot drive did not ask to do this. I'm not using any DSDT. I replaced config.plist with the Nvidia version since I'm using GTX card (but my card is not working, I had to plug my monitor in to the MOBO Intel HD4000 port). I'm running on an ASRock Z77e itx mobo

Any ideas about what I can try next?

I followed all instructions but i couldn't Mount my Systems EFI Drive that is described in the post-Installation Settings. There is no Error Message at all, just telling me how many sectors ARE available in the Drive.

Hello,

I am attempting to install with this process and get stuck at Step #3. I boot from USB to Clover, then select "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite." At this point, it goes to the apple installation screen for about 5 minutes with the progress bar going about 20%, then reboots back into the clover screen. I can't seem to get past clover and into the actual OS X installation utility. I am using the NVIDIA-yes plist from this guide.

My specs are:

Gigabyte H97n-wifi
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
i5 4460
Gigabyte GTX 750 2GB

Thank you for any assistance anyone can offer.

I was able to follow everything fine all the way to the end of the universal install.
Only difference was that after installing the boot loader, the partition mounted was ESP instead of EFI.

I cannot boot without USB now. If I remove USB, it says there's no boot device found. (Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key)
I ran Clover Configurator to and mounted the EFI. Strange thing is that now it's mounted as EFI instead of ESP. I have FakeSMC in kexts/10.10. However, I do not have HFSPlus in drivers64UEFI. I still have VBoxHfs-64.efi in there. I don't know if this is an issue. I followed instructions to delete this file back when we ran clover on the USB drive, and replaced it with HFSPlus. But the instructions for running Clover on Yosemite boot drive did not ask to do this. I'm not using any DSDT. I replaced config.plist with the Nvidia version since I'm using GTX card (but my card is not working, I had to plug my monitor in to the MOBO Intel HD4000 port). I'm running on an ASRock Z77e itx mobo

Any ideas about what I can try next?

Update: I've tried to add Clover to the boot list from the Clover screen when booting from usb but Clover does not show up as a boot option in the bios.

Back