- Jun 11, 2011
- GigaByte GA-X99-UD4
- GTX 970 TI
- Mobile Phone
Will it work with os x Yosemite?
Can someone put up a guide in how to upgrade from mavericks to Yosemite when running Clover. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H and Geforce 680 that has been working great with clover and mavericks.
1) Make a USB drive with Clover (Guides > Clover Guide)
2) Ensure you can boot with the USB stick into both the Mavericks HDD installation (Macintosh HD) as well as Yosemite USB Installer (Install OS X Yosemite).
3) Boot into the installer, do not use Disk Utility and choose the Mavericks HDD, installer will reboot.
4) Boot to the USB installer a second time to finish the installation to HDD.
5) After reboot, use USB to boot into Yosemite HDD install; If all looks well, remove the USB stick and try to boot into the HDD.
This is going to give me a new Yosemite install correct not an upgrade. Im going to look all my configurations correct?
Upgrade - as long as you don't use 'Disk Utility' to nuke your existing install
Also take a backup of Mavericks HDD before the upgrade, just in case.
Sounds good thanks for you help. Any guides to make a clover install disk for Yosemite I got one for mavericks already.
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
I've upgraded directly from 10.9.5 to 10.10 using the original Apple Yosemite Installer on both my G5 and G4 Cube. No USB Installer is needed, as long as you have FakeSMC.kext etc. installed in your EFI partition.
No issues whatsoever. This is so cool!
For details see my clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...l-reloaded-edition-new-pics-6.html#post882675